cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Ask for Help" Button is not appearing in my breakout rooms

marinadelsol
Listener

In the past, my breakout rooms had a button called "Ask for Help," which allowed students in the breakout room to request that I come see them.  That button is no longer appearing in my break out rooms.  How do I get that function back?  Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

bdelossantos
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @marinadelsol ,

All "attendees" will have this option as outlined here. Please have them check this:

bdelossantos_0-1708529032187.png

from within the meeting controls. I hope this helps.

"Challenges help us grow, try and learn new things, welcome constructive feedback, embrace uncertainty, and always assume the best intentions, especially with our teammates." - from a respected leader

My attendees do not have an "ask for help" or "invite host" option.  What do I need to do so that they will be given this option?  They previously had this option.

bdelossantos

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know. If this only occurred recently, then it may have something to do with the user's device or version. It may even be potentially caused by the user's ID. Having said this, I highly recommend having the owner/admin submit a ticket to our support and include the meeting ID or any relevant information (e.g. screenshots) for a much more agile investigation.

"Challenges help us grow, try and learn new things, welcome constructive feedback, embrace uncertainty, and always assume the best intentions, especially with our teammates." - from a respected leader

mhoyt
Listener

Did anything happen with this? I just updated on 4/15/24 and no longer see Ask for Help as an option in breakout rooms.