cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loss of recording ability

aBk
Listener

Yesterday I wanted to record an interview but Zoom pop-up said that I need to ask host for permission.  DUH - I was the host!  Why did I lose that feature, after updating Zoom?  Lost valuable data...

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @aBk 

Sounds like you were not logged in to your account and thus not recognized as the host. Please make sure you are signed-in to the Zoom desktop client before joining the meeting. 

wfh_withcoffee
Listener

Hi @aBk – @Bort is correct that you were probably not logged into your Zoom application when joining your meeting and therefore Zoom was unable to identify you as the host.

Of course, you should be signed into the Desktop application before joining but, if this ever happens again, rest assured you can still login and claim the Host controls using your Host Key. 

You may read more about the Host Key here: Using Your Host Key 

•  See also, in the above: "Claiming host using the desktop client"

permission
Listener

my school is the host... i am no longer allowed to view the recording from a class!!!! there is no explanation available. even if i am already logged in i have no permission to view!!!! so frustrating!!!!

please see attachment and help me out

Bort

Seems that your school changed the sharing permissions for that recording. You will need to contact them.