cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for info on sharederror 4401

EmilieMAF
Listener

In the middle of a meeting my polls stopped working. This was the error message: fail to start, another poll has started error sharederror 4401"

There wasn't another poll running. Please help before my next meeting!

14 REPLIES 14

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @EmilieMAF, it looks like error 4401 is usually when another poll is in progress or being shared. This may be a co-host is still sharing the previous poll results when another co-host started to launch the next poll. 

I'd check to make sure that all previous polls are closed to avoid this type of error. The error could also be caused by repeatedly pressing the Poll button. I'd try closing the Polls and checking with the co-host to see if they have clicked the Poll button whenever getting this error.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I experienced the same problem just now when launching a second poll. I am sure the previous poll had ended. There was no co-host, and I tried closing and re-opening the Polls window. 

stewart1234
Listener

Don't expect any help from zoom - i spent hours on with tech support, and they opened a ticket, but nothing.... they tried implying it user error.... so frustrating. ...

kbready
Listener

Same problem! No co-host, polls were closed (I asked my students to confirm, and they said there were no polls visible to them).

sringhand
Listener

I just encountered the same problem after launching and sharing our first polling question in our meeting. My co-host and I took turns logging out and then logging back in to the meeting and when we each logged back in, the first poll popped up on our respective screens as still being shared. We each clicked stop sharing. This solved the problem and we are now able to launch the rest of the polling questions!

kootcoop
Listener

I experienced this in two separate webinars, both time I was certain that no cohosts had a poll open.  A panelist may have still had the previous poll open on a tablet, I did not ask.

Did not work:
- Having cohost launch poll
- Transferring 'host' role to a cohost then back to me

- Cursing

Worked!
- I clicked on the 'Edit poll' in the corner of the poll I was trying to launch. This opened a browser with a new poll.  I closed this without entering text or saving.  I was then able to launch my original poll. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @EmilieMAF, you have some good responses! If any of these responses answer your question, don't forget to click the 'Accept as Solution' button. 😀

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

The responses are just that they're having the same problem. 

FilippoP
Listener

HOW I SOLVED: During a workshop I had the same problem ''Fail to start poll, another poll has started or sharederror 4401''. Seems an issue related to the last patch (?) never had problems before.

Using part of the advise from @kootcoop  , I opened the ''edit poll'' (browser) and created a draft question (just keep as it is, saving it) . The system refreshed and I was able to go on with the polls.

CO
Listener

Hello, I had the same problem. Error message. I was the only host and ended the poll.

I have another session tomorrow with polls. Will zoom look into this please. 

ajagdhari
Listener

This solved it for me.

1. Go back to your account page (browser)

2. Go to meeting and the poll

3. It will show that another poll is still running 

4. It will also show that the new poll is active

5. Turn the new poll to "deactivate" 

6. This will shut down the old poll. 

7. Now activate the new poll

8. Go back to your meeting and launch the poll again 

Nicole23
Listener

This is happening to me as well.  The workaround defeats the purpose of pre-programming the polls. Not acceptable and hopefully will be fixed soon!

BrianSaso
Listener

I'm having the same issue. They recently expanded polls from 25 total to 50. This is when the problem started. I'm guessing there is some development issue causing this problem. Hopefully, they patch this soon.

VGee
Listener

This happened to me on a zoom meeting last night.  As host, I created two poll questions just prior to start of the meeting.  I normally have polls pre-loaded but had a last minute presenter decision.  First poll question launched, displayed results and closed fine.  Error message appeared when I attempted to launch the second poll.