cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS/iPadOS system-wide live caption not working on zoom app.

jzz
Listener

Apple has added a live caption feature to iOS, which works fine on Google Meet, Teams, YouTube, and other apps.

However, it's not working on the Zoom app. Could you please fix it? I really need it... Thanks!"

3 REPLIES 3

willjoe2442
Participant

Sign in to the Zoom desktop client. Click your profile picture then click Settings. Click the Accessibility tab. Under Closed Captioning, click the checkbox to enable Always show captions.

Regards,

Diana

My problem is with iOS/iPadOS Zoom App, not the desktop client. I want the iOS live caption feature to work with the Zoom iOS App, not the closed caption feature that needs to be enabled by the host and notifies all members when turned on!

Masy554
Listener

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this checked if live captions or a similar feature is available on your iPhone and iOS version, you can follow these steps:-

1. Update iOS:-
  -Make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Apple regularly introduces new features and           improvements with software updates.

2. Check Accessibility Settings:-
  Live captions or a similar feature may be located in the Accessibility settings. Here's how you can check:

-Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  -Go to "Accessibility."
3. Hearing:-

-Within the Accessibility menu, look for a section related to "Hearing" or "Audio/Visual."
  -Check for any option related to live captions, real-time subtitles, or a similar feature.
4. Subtitles & Captioning:-

-In the Accessibility settings, you might find an option specifically for "Subtitles & Captioning" or a similar title.
  -Explore the options within this menu to see if there's a feature that provides live captions.
5. Siri:-

-Open the Settings app.
  -Go to "Accessibility" and then "Siri."
  -Look for options related to captions or subtitles for Siri.

Please note that the availability of features can vary depending on the iOS version and the model of your iPhone. If live captions are not available, you may also explore third-party apps that offer similar functionality. Always be cautious when downloading and installing third-party apps, and ensure they are reputable and have positive reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd1OvJR_Qr4&ab_channel=TheGeekPage