cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading dual audio recording files

mariettefrey
Listener

I'm super frustrated- how the heck do you get support for Zoom?? It's telling me when i hit download on my recording that the separate audio tracks will download in the list- where the heck is the list?? I don't see it anywhere- I'm doing 4 interviews for my podcast and I can't even upgrade my subscription to get someone on a CHAT to help me. So frustrated and wish this wasn't the platform I paid for but I did and now I don't know how to get the separate audio tracks and on a deadline. It wouldn't even let me upgrade to talk to someone. 16 minutes before recording. Thanks Zoom- this is terrible support!

2 REPLIES 2

newl
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi There @mariettefrey ,

A couple of things to check first.

In order to get Audio Transcriptions, you need the following

#1 - A Business, Education, or Enterprise license with cloud recording enabled

(Sounds like this is not your issue)

#2 - Audio transcription needs to be enabled

(Probably not an issue for you but just trying to be thorough)

To enable the audio transcript feature:

1. Sign in to the Zoom Web Portal
  2. Navigate to Settings
  3. Click the Recording tab.
  4. Locate the Cloud recording setting and verify that it's enabled.
  5. Now look for "Create audio transcript" setting and make sure the checkbox is checked.

BE AWARE!! If you have done everything correctly, but do not see the option, submit a request to Zoom Support to have this feature enabled.

Once you sure that Audio transcription is enabled.  Begin a meeting and start the cloud recording.

Once the meeting has concluded, you will get an email that will indicate when the cloud recording is available.

Heads Up!: The transcript can be delayed as it can take more time to finish after the cloud recording video/audio has competed.

Once you are sure the recording/transcription is ready,

Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
Navigate to Recordings.
Click the name of the recorded meeting.
You should now see a list of recording files under the heading:

"The recording includes the files listed below:"

Click Download button.

You should now see a dialog box pop-up with the following text:

Download recording files

Each file will be downloaded separately.

Once you click the blue download button, each file will be downloaded individually.

NOTE: I have helped several of my users who had an audio transcription, but for one reason or another the transcription failed, if this happens you will see a message next to the Audio Transcript that says:

"Unable to transcribe"

I have attached a couple images here that may help illustrate what I have outlined above.

Hope this helps!

willjoe
Attendee

Click on ⤓ Download (x files) button to download all the recordings' files OR hold your mouse over one of the files below (e.g., Shared screen with speaker view, Audio only) and click the ⤓ download button to download just the file

Regards,

Will