cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom swopping Mic during a meeting

saxsaxsax
Listener

I know this is not a new problem for Zoom users on a Mac. I am running Zoom Version: 5.10.4 (6592) on Mac Monterey. I have a Revelator mic as well as a interface with an AKG 414 mic that I use for recording attached to my computer.  During a meeting Zoom will switch mics up 10-20 times. I want to use the Revelator mic for Zoom but I get big white writing flash up on the screen telling me that my Default mic has been changed. During this time the other side can't hear me. I know I'm not the only one https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Microphone-keeps-switching/m-p/16597

and the Zoom suggestion of  do not select the box for "Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting". doesn't help. 

It's a huge problem as I teach online for a living and it makes me look unprofessional. Any help gratefully accepted. 

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

The one thing in the post you listed that seems to work was to upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey.

I’m guessing that there is some code in there Zoom app that is triggered by macOS’s occasional polling of microphone availability, and only Big Sur runs  the “something changed” process when only a trivial change is detected – Zoom is just responding to the OS signal. As one commenter posted (it’s a long thread – but worth reading all the way through if you want a solution), it’s an issue that affects a comparatively few machines overall, which is fixed by an OS update, so it’s unlikely Zoom will invest time in pursuing a fix inside the Zoom app.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !