cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom settings to automatically turn on camera when joining isn't working

Moed2020
Listener

Hello, 

In the account I have changed the setting to automatically turn on the camera when participants join the Zoom meeting.

Since I changed the settings in our Zoom-account, the function isn't working. Participants can still choose to leave their camera off when they enter the room. I checked it with my private login and my camera stayed off. Did I overlook something in the settings? Do the members always keep the right whether or not their camera is on? Thanks for your help, Crystel.

3 REPLIES 3

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @Moed2020 

It sounds like you've enabled the "Join with Video" setting in your Zoom account, which should automatically turn on participants' cameras when they join a meeting.

Still, it seems like this setting isn't working as expected.

Please check the few data points to have a round up on this

• Make sure you've enabled the "Join with Video" setting in the Zoom web portal (not just in the app). Go to Settings > Meetings > Meeting Settings and look for the "Join with Video" option.
  • Ensure that the setting is applied to all meetings, not just specific ones.
  • Double-check that participants don't have the option to opt-out of camera usage. In the Zoom app, go to Settings > Video > "Allow participants to opt-out of video". If this is enabled, participants can choose to keep their camera off.

This response inputs might also carry some research outcomes from the open source / blogs / user guide

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

Hi Huma,

Thanks for your quick response. I have checked what you suggested and as far as I can see, the button to put participants video on when joining, is the only one applicable. We only use one meeting room, so there aren't any additional settings (that I'm aware of). What I did notice is that Host Video when meeting starts is off. Does this have anything to do with it? I have changed it now, but it still didn't do any good.

Thanks again, Crystel.

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @Moed2020 

Thanks for the outcome and this is really strange - let me try to research on this a bit.

CC: @CarlaA 

Huma