cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom mobile has low volume over bluetooth

sebasv
Listener

When taking a call or meeting on mobile in my car or on headphones the volume is inaudibly low. I have turned up my device volume to maximum, tried with and without original audio, nothing works. I can vaguely hear meeting participants speak but in no way can I make out what they are saying. I can follow an audiobook just fine on less than half the volume. The issue persists on 3 different bluetooth devices (car, headphones, in-ears)

Zoom version: 5.15.7.15507

Phone: Fairphone 3+ build 6.A.018.0

2 REPLIES 2

naeemaslam
Listener

Hello,

It sounds like you're facing a frustrating issue with low audio volume during Zoom calls and meetings on your mobile device, even when using different Bluetooth devices. This can indeed be quite inconvenient, especially when you need to actively participate in conversations.

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and improve the audio volume during your Zoom calls:

Check App Settings: Make sure that the audio settings within the Zoom app are properly configured. Sometimes there might be an option to adjust the audio output volume specifically within the app settings.

Check Device Volume Settings: Confirm that your device's volume settings are indeed set to maximum. Additionally, ensure that there isn't any device-specific volume limitation enabled.

Bluetooth Connection Quality: Poor Bluetooth connectivity can sometimes lead to low audio volume. Make sure you have a strong and stable Bluetooth connection between your mobile device and your car or headphones.

Check Call Audio Settings: During a Zoom call or meeting, there might be an option to adjust the call audio settings. You could look for options like "Original Sound" or "Speaker" settings to make sure they are set to the optimal choice for your use case.

Zoom App Update: Ensure that you're using the latest version of the Zoom app. Sometimes app updates include bug fixes and improvements that could potentially address issues like this.

Device Software Update: Check if there are any software updates available for your mobile device. An updated operating system could help resolve compatibility issues with Bluetooth devices.

Background Noise Suppression: Some audio settings might prioritize noise suppression, which could inadvertently reduce the overall volume. Check if there's a "Noise Suppression" or "Audio Enhancement" setting that you can toggle.

Contact Zoom Support: If none of the above solutions work, consider reaching out to Zoom's customer support. They might be aware of specific issues related to your device model or app version and could provide more tailored assistance.

If you continue to experience low audio volume despite trying these steps, it's best to reach out to Zoom's customer support for further assistance. They should be able to provide you with more specific guidance based on your device and the version of the Zoom app you're using.

sebasv
Listener

For posterity, I finally found out how to solve this issue, and it's more than a bit ridiculous.

With the car connected via bluetooth;

1. join the meeting

2. switch original audio on inside the meeting (first you need to enable this option in the zoom general settings)

3. switch the audio source to phone speaker

4. switch the audio source back to bluetooth

In addition, I disabled HD audio in the bluetooth settings on my phone for my car. I don't know if this is related but I'm done mucking about so maybe it's necessary maybe not.