cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meeting Recording Error 10485915

RogerBStoke
Listener

Unless I start Recording immediately I log into Zoom I get Error 10485915 and can't record - any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@RogerBStoke Sorry to hear you are having issues with saving recordings.

This code prevents the user from saving a local recording and will only prompt on Windows devices.

This error code is thrown when Windows is unable to save the recording to the specified file path. To be specific, this error is often thrown when the Meeting Topic ends with an invalid character, such as “space” + “.“, which looks like “ .“

If these are PMI meetings, the issue can be caused by the same issue present for the users Display Name.

To fix the issue confirm if invalid characters present:

1. Change the meeting topic to remove errant end punctuation.

2. If it is a PMI meeting, have change Display Name to remove errant end punctuation.

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

J-Zoom-ATL

@RogerBStoke Sorry to hear you are having issues with saving recordings.

This code prevents the user from saving a local recording and will only prompt on Windows devices.

This error code is thrown when Windows is unable to save the recording to the specified file path. To be specific, this error is often thrown when the Meeting Topic ends with an invalid character, such as “space” + “.“, which looks like “ .“

If these are PMI meetings, the issue can be caused by the same issue present for the users Display Name.

To fix the issue confirm if invalid characters present:

1. Change the meeting topic to remove errant end punctuation.

2. If it is a PMI meeting, have change Display Name to remove errant end punctuation.

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

RogerBStoke
Listener

Many Thanks for this solution - I will give that a go ...Thanks Again ! 

willjoe
Attendee
How do I fix Zoom recording error?
How to troubleshoot a failure to convert a local recording
  1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click the Meetings tab.
  3. Click the Recorded tab.
  4. Select the meeting topic with the local recording.
  5. Click Convert.

Hope this helps.