cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom/JW Library unwanted screen minimising

Will_Err
Listener

Hi,

I have been experiencing the following issue when screen sharing on Zoom: I use two monitors, one set up with JW Library and Zoom and the other with the second screen for JW Library enabled (with the yeartext/media playing). When I go to share that second screen, it automatically minimises. I can bring it back up by clicking the window in the taskbar. The same thing happens when I stop screen sharing. It's not the end of the world, just inconvenient. Anyone know how to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7

Gpeters
Listener

We are also having this issue. It is very inconvenient. Has anyone found a solution?

Gpeters
Listener

Hello, recently this problem has gone away for us. The change we made was getting a new modem. I don't know if it was just coincidence or if the issue was the modem to begin with, but I hope that helps

bart1044
Listener

Has this been fixed yet? As we are having the same issue. Some have stated that this is a new issue since teh latest update but we have been having this issue for about a year.

So I replied to this earlier, but when we got a new modem it solved it for us. I don't know if that works for y'all, but we didn't change anything else as far as I could tell. If your settings are like the branch suggests then you might try that. 

Yeah that is not the issue. We have replaced the modem and have not seen any improvement. I have tried all the work arounds that have been mentioned in all the forums that I can find and none work. 

swiftmist81
Listener

We have ran in to this issue also. Here is what I suggest. 
Solution 1: If there are any program windows open on the second display, that will kill the JW Library second display. If you ensure that nothing other than JW Library second display is using that screen space. That may resolve you issue.  A word a of caution... Sometimes Zoom will have pop-out dialog box (i.e participants, chat) that may pop on second display. 
Solution 2:
Use a 3rd party app. For Windows PCs I would recommend JwlMediaWin
This little program is designed specifically to fix this when using JW Media - even if you are using JW Library Sign Language. This program is made by the same creator as SoundBox. It is also open-source
A fork off of that program is ZoomSwitcher   This is it created with toggling JW Library second screen and Zoom. (for talks or other parts that are given from to the hall) Unlike JWMediaWin which has a installer, Zoom switcher will need to be ran from the zip folder. ..\JwlMediaWin-zoomSwitcher\JwlMediaWin-zoomSwitcher\ZoomSwitcher\Exe\ZoomSwitcher\ZoomSwitcher.exe Located on GitHub Zip File download

May one of these solutions help out. 

JustinGray2024
Listener

We have the same issue, and I believe I've found the fix. It seems to be the Participant's window!

If you keep Participants open and merged to the main Zoom window, that JW App year text will be minimized.

If you select the "Pop-out" option for the Participants window and keep the participants separate, the issue goes away.

Also, keeping the Zoom window away from the secondary screen, i.e., if your second screen is to the right, keep the Zoom window to the left side. That helps also.