cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video virtual background

faina
Listener

Hello! I use MacOs Big Sur ver 11.2 but I can not use a video as virtual background on my zoom account. Please guide me!

2 REPLIES 2

Hime-Tama
Listener

Hi Faina, Hime-Tama here.

Due to a lack of information on your situation, I can only give you a bunch of generic advice , so please bear with me.

First, check whether your zoom app has been updated to the latest version. If it is, then take a look at the video file you wish to use as a virtual background. Usually, I would use an MP4 video. I believe .mov works too, if I'm not wrong. In zoom settings, go to "Background & Filters", and click the little "+" (see Annotation 2021-08-24 154020). Then, select the video file you wish to use, making sure it is an acceptable file type. GIFs and the such are not acceptable. If it is not an acceptable file type, just convert it to an acceptable one using an online converter or a conversion software of your choice. If you are not using a green screen, make sure to deselect the option "I have a green screen". Also, make sure you are in a well-lit area, as it is easier for the virtual green screen software to key out the background when the colors are less similar.

Hope this helps!

Hello Hime-Tama! Thanks for helping! But it still doesn't work. I can not choose a video as the picture you showed me. Please guide me more!