cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video not working

tmackerley
Listener

When I click on the link, the app opens, but the video preview doesn’t work with the button grey and not responding. I can open my own meeting and my video works perfectly and I have used other meetings and it also works perfectly. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

ZoomDC
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi tmackerly,

Usually, a greyed out video icon indicates that when the meeting was created, the video option was turned off at a meeting level.  For example, in the screenshot below, the meeting was created allowing hosts to have video, but not participants.

Meeting hosts, account admins, and account owners are able to grant video permission to participants or edit recurrent meetings to allow participants' video.

I hope this helps!

Hi, I have the same issue. I have also greyed out video icon with a red cross> I have also checked when meeting started and its showing video. Have set up new meetings. Checked in all settings but still no solution. Do I need to reinstall Zoom?

ZoomDC

Hi @isa64,

A video icon with a greyed out with a red cross, can also mean there's something wrong with your camera, and either your computer or the Zoom app does not recognize a camera is connected.

If you tell me what type of computer, and operating system you are running, I'll be able to give you a few troubleshooting steps so we can identify the problem before you have to do a Zoom reinstall.

I hope this helps!

- DC

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply valid. Thank you!

I am actually having the same problem. Can't see the person, they can't see me. Audio seems to be fine. The camera icon is greyed out with the Red Cross. When I go to settings for the camera, my camera pops up and is completely usable - it's only when the meeting starts, even though I have set the computer preferences to access the camera as well.

I have a Chromebox computer and use Google Chrome with an external USB attached camera.

vbudah
Listener

Hello - my camera has stopped working with Zoom for some reason. You can see my name but the screen is blacked out.. and there is an orange triangle with a cross by the video icon on the bottom left. I have a MAC. The video works fine for other virtual meetings ie Teams and Google.

I've tried to fix via 'Open System Preferences, but it just takes me around in circles.

Please help! Thanks, Vanessa

Dgremillion
Listener

Hi. Dorothy Gremillion here. I have a Pro account, and I think it's up to date, not needing any new downloads. But this has happened twice when a participant on a zoom call, once last week and once this week. On the return to the big room after the second break out rooms, my video was no longer accessible. It was like the video on-off toggle had been reversed. When I clicked on the 3 dots to access "start video," the only option was "turn off video," when it was already off. What could be causing this? Can you help me fix it? My email: ***********. Thank you