cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Freezing When Choosing Blur or Virtual Background

ademkucukoglu
Listener

My video freezes when I try to make a virtual background change in a meeting in ZOOM.
When I select NONE my video comes back. I am using Ubuntu 20.04 OS. I have friends using ubuntu but don't have that problem.
When I was using windows I hadn't that problem.
To fix the problem: 1. I joined a meeting from my mobile phone. I was able to change the virtual background from my mobile phone.. 2. I checked the Settings>meetings section in the Zoom administrator settings. "virtual background" button was on. 3. Zoom app is up to date.
4. I watched a lot of videos on youtube and applied but the result was same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ademkucukoglu
Listener

I downloaded and installed "Zoom Client for Linux" manually. It worked. I can select blur and virtual backgrounds now.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

_ZoomUser_
Participant

Is your network connection stable? 

Because sometimes it kind of happens when my internet connection is unstable. 

Yes, it is stable. I could use virtual background on Windows 10 on Zoom with same internet connection. I think the problem is between Ubuntu and Zoom. I checked in 10s of different times.

amarintj1986
Listener

I used to have that problem with the snap package of zoom, but I uninstalled it and installed the flatpak version and everything works well now

You're a life-saver!

I've been trying to fix this very problem for days (I even reinstalled Ubuntu!), and only this solution worked!

Glad I could help

ademkucukoglu
Listener

I downloaded and installed "Zoom Client for Linux" manually. It worked. I can select blur and virtual backgrounds now.

dj_floyd
Listener

the Version 5.10.7 (3311) solves background blur availability issue on Ubuntu 22.04.