cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to join the meeting

DebbieM1
Listener

I have a student in Bejiing China. I sent her a link via email. She could not join because she got a message that said: The host account is limited. I have no idea what that means. I have been working with this student for over 2 years on zoom. I have a Pro account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ken-Z
Attendee

ZOOM has implemented certain restrictions for participants from China. If they are free users, they will receive an error code 13215 and will be unable to join the meeting unless they upgrade to paid account. Meanwhile free users from other regions do not have such limitations. This is a discriminatory regulation!

And such regulation was not communicated to the users before they made a payment to purchase the service.  I applied for a refund due to this, and it has been almost a month, but it is still being processed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken-Z
Attendee

ZOOM has implemented certain restrictions for participants from China. If they are free users, they will receive an error code 13215 and will be unable to join the meeting unless they upgrade to paid account. Meanwhile free users from other regions do not have such limitations. This is a discriminatory regulation!

And such regulation was not communicated to the users before they made a payment to purchase the service.  I applied for a refund due to this, and it has been almost a month, but it is still being processed.

Is this something that is being told by China to do? Unless zoom does this they can't do business in China?

I don't know and I don't care! But ZOOM should let users know before they made a payment to purchase the service.