cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is

pauljb1
Listener

Can anyone advise. I am trying to share a link to an older recording (Nov 2020) and when I click to view it says "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." I can't download either. Newer recordings from Dec 2020 onwards play fine so it is not a browser issue. The recording is not in the trash as suggested from the zoom knowledge database. 

Looking online it states that records are keep on the zoom cloud indefinately

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @pauljb1 

A custom retention date can be set in your Recording Settings. Can you check there? See below. Though I'm not sure this sounds like the problem.

https://zoom.us/profile/setting?tab=recording

Rupert_0-1634586647883.png

Thanks

I do not have this option enabled.

Another post suggested a zoom issue and to log a ticket directly with them which I have done.

Rupert

Yep. That would have been my next suggestion.

Post back here if you get a solution and if you have time. Interesting problem.

Thanks. 

Did you get this figured out?  What was the solution?

VijeyataVerma
Listener

Hi, did any one managed to figure out the solution for this issue. I am facing the same. Thanks

You need to contact zoom support directly, they can resolve the issue. The links are not matched to the files in the server due to them moving files about.