cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming an event through zoom

Jeff_pr
Listener

Apologies if this question has been answered before, however, I've had a hard time finding the answer anywhere.

I've volunteered to organize an event, which will take place at a venue with 40 people.  There are several people across the country who cannot attend, however, they would like to view the event.  I do not expect to have 2 way communication with people viewing the event virtually, however, I would like them to view the event and perhaps ask questions in a comments section, which we can address on site.  

What is the easiest way to achieve this?  I have no issues signing up for a Zoom pro account (or whichever type I need to pay for), however, I don't want to stream the event through FB or Youtube.  Do I need to use a custom streaming service such as Restream or is there a way I can send a zoom link to a list of attendees and then they can view the event through Zoom directly with the desktop app or through their web browser?

Any advice is appreciated! 

To take it a step further, if you could provide a suggested hardware list to make the above happen, that would be great.

1 REPLY 1

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Jeff_pr 

This should be a relatively each project.

You could do this with Zoom Pro, but that would put everyone in a Meeting together and allow them to see, hear and interact with each other.  But they could also post in the Zoom chat. This approach would need some moderating in real-time. 

You could use Pro to capture your event locally and stream out to YouTube, Facebook, or any custom service. You could put your audience there instead , but you would need to monitor the right places for chat and comments. 

Or you could use Zoom Webinar - where your event presenters (called Panelists) would be "on-stage" and your audience (called attendees) would just see the show and not each other, and you would not see them. But they can send chat and Q&A right in Zoom.

Either of the Zoom options could also allow web access via Zoom's web page.

Webinar is more expensive.

Hope this helps.

DM me if you need some help with this project: https://community.zoom.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3591

Rupert

http://hybridevent.pro/