cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static

GB28
Listener

When sharing screen with a video, the participants in the last few weeks are hearing a lot of static.  I can't hear it, so I had a member of my church record the static.   It's not the computer because I just brought a new computer and it is still happening.  I also had another church member share screen and play a video for our church account, and the same thing is happening.  I'm wondering if its from the latest update because we never had the problem before.  If I speak when sharing the screen, no problem.  It's not in the edit because I tested with a video on you tube and we still get the static.  This is my personal zoom account and it's happening here, in addition to my churches zoom.  Any help would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @GB28 , welcome to the Zoom Community! 

Normally, doing a clean reinstall fixes any issues on the app. Please follow the steps below:

1. Quit out of the Zoom app by right-clicking on the zoom application in your taskbar and selecting Quit Zoom
2. Download CleanZoom 
3. Run CleanZoom.exe

After doing so, we will need to reinstall the zoom application.

1. Navigate to Zoom’s Download Center:zoom.us/download and select Download for Zoom Client for Meetings.
2. Run the downloaded installer file and follow the instructions to install.

This should do the trick! If this answered your question, please click Accept as Solution. 

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?