cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone Please Help!

Maggie-E
Listener

I am staring my zoom meeting but no participants show up in the waiting room. All my guest show that it says host has not stared meeting or host has another meeting in progress. 

I have deleted and reinstalled zoom, restarted my computer, logged in and out multiple times. Nothing is working and I can get hold of a real person from Zoom. 

3 REPLIES 3

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @Maggie-E 

Ensure that the Waiting Room feature is enabled for your meeting.

Here is the help article - Enabling and customizing the Waiting Room (zoom.com)

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

Insight28
Listener

I am having similar issues, except a few folks can get into the meeting, most cannot. They get "host has another meeting in progress". 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Maggie-E @Insight28 

There are two scenarios that frequently cause this issue.

1. Instant meeting is being used instead of personal meeting ID

In this scenario, invites have been sent to participants with the Host's personal meeting ID. The host signs on to the Zoom desktop client, and clicks Meetings, then New Meeting to start the session.

The issue occurs if the New Meeting button is not set to Use my Personal Meeting ID (PMI). If this setting is not enabled the host is starting a new and separate session than the one on the invite. 

To ensure that PMI is enabled, click the arrow  icon under the New Meeting button and check the box  next to Use my Personal Meeting ID (PMI).

2. Join before host is enabled

In this scenario, the host has used a meeting ID in the past with join before host enabled. The host switches to a new meeting ID and invites the same participants, but one of the participants accidentally joins the old meeting ID and puts the Host's account in use.

This can be resolved by disabling the Join before host setting on this old meeting ID. 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?