cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side-By-Side When Presenting/screen sharing

SJAcademyStaff
Listener

Does anyone know how/if it is possible for someone screen sharing on Zoom a PowerPoint (utilizing only one screen, not dual monitor) to be able to see the participants in side-by-side mode just like participants are able see it? Unfortunately, I always come across that for the presenter's view, participants on Zoom are just hovering over the screen, but it would be great to be able to have the same side-by-side capability that you have when you are watching someone share their screen. It's unfortunate for the screen-sharer to not be able to see the participants without hovering boxes that they have to move around which typically blocks content being shared. I have been working on work arounds for this for the past couple years on and off when I find it distracting or limiting my trainer, but as much as we trouble shoot with only one monitor vs. Dual, we have yet to find a good solution other than presentation mode of PPT which is still not the same as side-by-side.

3 REPLIES 3

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Please try this. Open PPT in normal view, not slide show view. Go to Slide Show, Set up Slide Show, and select Browsed by an individual (window).  Click OK.

On your one monitor make PPT take up half your screen. Run your slide show (F5 function key) and it will only be on half your screen instead of full screen. 

Image attached. Please let me know if this will work for you. 

SJAcademyStaff
Listener

I am so appreciative of your response and your time and attached picture. I did just what you said, unfortunately it made no difference for me.  I will keep trying it. 

The minimizing the PPT to take up less space is a helpful work around at this time, while it is not side-by-side mode, it is a little more user friendly than not utilizing that.