cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing ipad screen from desktop app

gscogs1019
Listener

I used to be able to share my ipad screen when I was on Zoom on my desktop.  I can no longer share my ipad screen.  I have worked with the tech department in our building and they told me it is a result of the latest Zoom update.  Is there a work around or are there plans to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner
Participant | Zoom Partner

Is this what you are doing, I just tested it and it's working:

How to share your iOS screen in a meeting through screen mirroring

1. In a Zoom meeting, click Share Screen. 

2. Choose iPhone/iPad.
  3. (Optional) If you would like to also share your phone audio into the meeting, in the bottom-left corner, select the check box next to Share sound.
  4. Click Share.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your iOS device:
    1. On your iPhone/iPad, access the control center by swiping down from the top-right corner of the screen. On iOS 11 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
    2. Tap the icon for Screen Mirroring.
    3. Choose the Zoom-your computer option.
      Your device's screen will now be shared into the meeting.
  6. When you're finished sharing your iOS screen, you can do either of the following:
    • Tap Stop Mirroring on your iPhone/iPad
    • Click Stop Share in the meeting controls toolbar

source: Sharing your iOS screen from the Zoom desktop client – Zoom Support

gscogs1019
Listener

No unfortunately this does not work.  It used to which is why I was hoping someone had a solution.  It does not work for me or any of my colleagues.  We have tried it with multiple computers, multiple iOs devices and on a variety of wifi's and it does not work.  Thank you though.

pumpkinancy
Listener

Same. This issue has been around 6 months for me. I still cannot use iPhone/iPad sharing. Now I have to apply for a new free account that allows me to log in through my iPad and then share screen through that free account. 

kmorris
Listener

Same, I can't do this, was wondering if it was my security settings that was stopping me, but not sure that it is now. I get the connection on my iphone, but when selecting it in then never connects.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Helo,

I just tried this and it worked.

Macbook Pro laptop -  Zoom 5.16.10

Ipad mini 6 - IOS  17.1.1

Computer and iOS device on the same network

Prerequisites for sharing your iOS screen with the Zoom desktop client

Apple screen mirroring (also known as AirPlay on iOS 11 or earlier) requires certain settings on your network and computer firewalls. If you are unable to share using Apple screen mirroring, confirm that the following ports are open and the application is allowed access.

Please ensure the following ports are enabled on your computer's network or desktop firewall:

TypeProtocolPort
UDPmDNS5353 
UDPAirplay7200-17210
TCPAirplay5000, 7000, 7100, 50000, 7200-17210

On your Windows desktop firewall, allow access to the following applications:

Airhost.exeType:TCPAllow all
Airhost.exeType:UDP Allow all
zrAirhost.exeType:TCPAllow all
zrAirhost.exeType:UDPAllow all

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

pumpkinancy
Listener

Thank you so much! This really solved my problem!