cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Powerpoint and Seeing Attendees

ClaraMcKoy
Listener

Hello,

When I give classes on Zoom, I would like to see the attendees while sharing my PowerPoint with them. Is that possible?

Until now, when I start sharing my screen with the students, I cannot see them anymore.

Thank you for the info!

8 REPLIES 8

Bethec4
Listener

I'm needing the same help. Surprised this was not answered yet! 

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ClaraMcKoy and @Bethec4 

This is really dependent on how many screens you are using. 

If you have just the one screen, like a laptop or standard desktop, you should see a smaller version of your other participants' videos (as shown in the screenshot below)

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 16.11.23.png

Note: you can change the layout of these smaller video tiles, so they may be hidden like so: 

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 16.11.33.png
In my quick test, I did notice that the video thumbnails are not shown at all, if everyone has their video off. So, if all your students have their video off, that could explain their missing videos during your presentation. 

If you have more screens connected, then you can typically have the shared content on one screen, and the normal view of the participants in the meeting window in the other without any issues. 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have further questions. A screenshot from your end could be helpful if this doesn't match up to your experience (just be sure no personal info is included in the screen shot. You can also send me a direct message with the screenshot)

Be sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

I use two monitors and when I open PPT the presenter view covers my attendee view. This is a recent development and it's totally frustrating.

you can turn off presenter view in powerpoint. it gets turned on by default as soon a second display is connected. 

In slide show preferences are you referring to disabling "Always start Presenter View with 2 displays"? If so, I will give it a try. Thanks for your prompt response. I think I tried it mid presentation, but I suppose I would have to quit the presentation and then do a reboot or restart the presentation.

What it does not is open the full screen slide view on both monitors. Perhaps I need to disable mirroring? I'll have to create a fake Zoom class and try it with the family.

I know some faculty that also will only share a portion of their screen under advanced sharing, and I think you can also open the powerpoint on the web in the browser itself. 

TPernal
Listener

This is happpening to me as well. Just recently, and it's terrible.