cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up recurring Breakout Rooms

MichaelStone
Listener

I have set up ten recurring breakout rooms for a class I will be teaching.  Since I don't have the e-mail addresses from which each student will be logging into the meeting,

(Question)

am I correct in assuming that the students can enter the breakout room they are assigned to by name? In other words, will this work even if I don't enter their e-mail addresses myself. Am fairly sure this is correct but I don't want to find out that i am wrong after the class has started. There are 70 students in this class.

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @MichaelStone 

For breakout room pre-assignments, their email address is what Zoom uses to verify pre-assignments, so if you don't provide the email addresses, they will not be automatically assigned.

As a workaround, I would suggest creating the assignments and adding a simple chart to your presentation. Then create the number of breakouts you require and allow students to pick their breakout room based on your assignment chart. That way you can change (or not change) the assignments from class to class and allow students to join their specified breakout room. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.