cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting changed automatically

Parker
Listener

I'm working at English academy in South Korea.

Yesterday, I made a meeting room and waited my students but nobody joined the meeting.  One student told me that could look at the waiting sign(colored green).

I checked my setting. My setting was changed by itself.(see the photo). 20210824_135533.png'Be blocked from joining the meeting ' was selected. I never choose this function. 

Should I check the setting whenever I make a meeting? 

1 REPLY 1

Hime-Tama
Listener

Hi Parker, Hime-Tama here.

I'd say it is always wise to diligently check the settings before sending out a Zoom meeting link/info to your students. Another thing you should always watch out for is your waiting room. Sometimes, when setting up a zoom meeting, users often forget to check if their meeting has its waiting room enabled or disabled, and end up having all their attendees stuck in the waiting room, unable to enter the meeting because the host didn't know they had to let them in manually.

Hope this helps!

P.S. I usually try to stay away from creating new meeting rooms, especially for regularly scheduled meetings such as classes. Instead, I use my personal meeting link, which is a meeting room that can be used repeatedly using the same link, meeting ID, and password. That way, I can set up the meeting room settings once and not bother about it again unless Zoom has an update.