cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen share with header

AgilityU
Listener

Hi! 

In the past, I was able to screen share and record without the header being present in the moment or in the recording. By header, I mean the info such as "Mute" "Start Video" "Participants" "Chat" and the "You are screen sharing" and "Stop Screen Share" buttons.  Now it is visible at all times in the live share and also in the recording. What has changed, and what do I need to do so the screen share *only* has the videos and doesn't show the header? 

Thanks!

Tracy

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @AgilityU 

Make sure you check the settings in the desktop client and ensure Zoom is not showing its own widows during the share. 

1. Click your profile picture, then click Settings
  2. Go to the Share Screen tab. 
  3. Disable the Show my Zoom windows to other participants when I am screen sharing option. 

Doing this will have Zoom hide its own windows during screen sharing and the resulting recording as well. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

If you have multiple monitors, you can drag the toolbar to a different screen and out of your way.

Rupert 

AGKH
Listener

I have same issue, but it is black boxes that show on the shared screen and recording. I have turned off the Share Zoom windows on web portal (it is NOT in my settings on desktop app), but this did not help.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.