cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Sharing Permissions. Selective?

Jen99686
Listener

I host two-day meetings of 50+ participants multiple times a year. I have multiple presenters that mush share their screen during the events (PowerPoints), but I do not want to give everyone the ability to share screen for security reasons. Currently, I give presenters co-hosting ability when it's their time to present. This works well, except that then the presenter is plagued with pings and dings from new participants entering the waiting room, and entering the meeting room. This throws the less seasoned presenters off and is distracting to all participants as they can hear the dings from the presenters audio. 

Is there a way to give select screen sharing permissions within the meeting without making someone a presenter, and without giving EVERYONE the screen sharing permissions on the back end?  Or some other work around? 

I would like to keep sound notifications on when someone joins the meeting as I need to capture all attendees for the minutes.  Also, we utilize breakout rooms, so webinar function will not work for us. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Have you considered using the recent Slide Control feature? This allows you to give specific participants the ability to advance your presentation without needing full access to your desktop or sharing. This will keep them away from issues caused by being a co-host and yet able to still control the slides when they are presenting. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Have you considered using the recent Slide Control feature? This allows you to give specific participants the ability to advance your presentation without needing full access to your desktop or sharing. This will keep them away from issues caused by being a co-host and yet able to still control the slides when they are presenting. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 

Jen99686
Listener

Thanks for your response, Bort!  The Slide Control feature will work well for me most of the time and I appreciate you sharing this new feature.  I wish Zoom would expand the feature to also work to advance PDF files, though... I have some presenters that prefer to send their content that way.  Hopefully Zoom will incorporate this in the future! Thanks again! 

Bort

If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team. Thanks!