cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing someone from a class/meeting

organizer4u
Listener

Can I "remove" someone from a class/meeting during our break - and let them back into the meeting after our break?  The "remove" option says that they cannot get back into the meeting. Is that just for that particular meeting or for the entire series of meetings (say 6 sessions). 

I just don't want them to be able to stay in Zoom while we are on a 10-minute break and have conversations with some of the other members (they have some issues...). But I want them to be able to come back into the Zoom meeting after our break (where they will be monitored).

5 REPLIES 5

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @organizer4u 

Please make use of the terms - 

Allowing participants and panelists to rejoin (zoom.com)

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

I turned on "allow participants to rejoin" - but it says (below) that they cannot rejoin the current meeting with the same email .... which would be a problem.

It also says that  the session must be stopped (therefore throwing everyone else out) and restarted again - which would be a problem.

Am I interpreting this correctly? I just want them out during the break and to be "re-admitted" after the break - without affecting anyone else or having to close ouf of Zoom and restart the meetings.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

By default, if you remove meeting participantswebinar attendees, or webinar panelists from the live session, they will not be able to rejoin the session using the same email address, but will be able to rejoin a future session. If you would like removed participants to be able to rejoin, this behavior can be changed, but the live session will not be immediately impacted, as it will need to be stopped and restarted before the change is recognized. 

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @organizer4u - Can you please explore a bit from these options and see if that solves - 

Allowing participants and panelists to rejoin (zoom.com)

Humashankar_0-1712168712631.png

Huma

I did that (so hopefully it works at our next meeting).

But - can the person be readmitted without having to close out of Zoom & restart the meeting - or not? Which is what it says below.

>>>>>>>

By default, if you remove meeting participantswebinar attendees, or webinar panelists from the live session, they will not be able to rejoin the session using the same email address, but will be able to rejoin a future session. If you would like removed participants to be able to rejoin, this behavior can be changed, but the live session will not be immediately impacted, as it will need to be stopped and restarted before the change is recognized. 

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @organizer4u 

This means that if you enable this option during an ongoing session, participants who are removed won't be able to immediately rejoin using the same email address. You'll have to end the current session and start a new one for the updated setting to take effect.

Accordingly, it should fix the issue for you next time.

Warm Regards

Huma