cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording as host and leaving

arlana-stone
Listener

Example: 

I am the host of a meeting and start recording the session. I need to leave early, so I make someone a co-host. 

Question: 

Will the meeting continue to record with the co-host if I leave? Or will recording end? I am recording to the cloud. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

igorn
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

The recording will continue and the host will receive it once it is completed.

If this was helpful, please click Accept as Solution below!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

igorn

Hello!

The recording will continue and the host will receive it once it is completed.

If this was helpful, please click Accept as Solution below!

Say that I do that and make someone else the co-host so that I can remain host to receive the recording and leave the meeting, but how can I leave the meeting when my only option is to end the meeting for all?

Basically, I want to record and receive the recording of the meeting but I want to leave it.

Hello! 

The recording will go to the person who set up the zoom link regardless of who starts the recording. So if you set up the meeting (aka it is your zoom link) it doesn't matter who starts the recording (host or co-host) the recording will still end up in your zoom profile. 

For example: 

You can start the meeting, start recording, click "End" and it will give you 2 options: 

End meeting for all

Make someone else Host

Just choose an alternative host and leave the meeting. The recording will still end up in your zoom account. 

Hope that clarifies!

Sorry to hijack this topic, but what if someone starts a meeting, starts recording, and leave? The recording still goes one if someone stays behind?

Drago, any luck with finding an answer on this? I have the same question. Will the recording go on when host #1 leaves &  a co-host resumes the meeting?

Hello,

If I started the cloud recording only after the host left and made me a host, who will receive the cloud recording file? Me or the one who share the link?

If the host forget to choose someone as co-host, will the video recording ended as well?

Or is the system will automatically select someone as co-host?

what if someone starts a meeting, starts recording, and leaves? The recording still goes on if others ,including a co-host, continue to stay behind for the meeting?

It does not work, I use Zoom for teaching at University. I made someone else a host, a tutor, and he ended the session, I have never received the recording email nor can I find it anywhere. This is very bad for me as students expect the 2 h session to be recorded 247 of them! 

Any clues how to recover the recording would be helping a lot! Many thanks

Hi Ben24! 
A couple clarifying questions - 
1. Are you the original host of the meeting? The one who created the zoom invite and started the meeting?
Or
2. Did you have your tutor create the zoom invite?
1. a. If this was the case, and you made your tutor the host during the meeting then left, you should have the recording. You can check your email (I assume you've received other recordings) or you can check your zoom profile under "Recordings" section and do a search. Also note depending on the length of the session, it can take an hour or two for it to show up. 

2. a. If you made your tutor the host of the meeting prior to the meeting beginning or he sent out the zoom invite from his profile, the recording will go to his profile. 

Definitely a stressful situation, but you should be able to check with your tutor to see if he has it as well.  A general rule of thumb is whoever owns the zoom invite is the one who will receive the recording. 

mpiatt
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Can I ask for clarification on this?  Does the recording go to the Host's cloud account or to the Co-Hosts account?

It will go to the Host's account. 

arlana-stone
Listener

Thank you!