cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name display error

Cliff1
Listener

During Zoom meetings, I would like my first name to be visible to other Zoom participants.

Toward that end, in my Zoom profile, under the Display Name section, I only have my first name listed.

I also do not have my last name entered in my Zoom profile.

Yet during live Zoom meetings, my first and last name is listed for public view.

Thanks for any tips on how to make only my first name visible to other participants during Zoom meetings.

7 REPLIES 7

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @Cliff1 

Please find the reference help to get this fixed:

Changing your name on Zoom - Zoom Support

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

Cliff1
Listener

Thanks for the note, Huma.

My "display name" in my Zoom profile already has just my first name listed, but my first and last name always appears during Zoom meetings in spite of that. So I'm still trying to troubleshoot why that is. Thanks.  

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @Cliff1 

"I get what you're saying. Even though you've set your name in Zoom to only show your first name, during meetings, both your first and last names still show up.

Could you check if you have the latest version of Zoom installed?

In a Zoom meeting, you can change your name by clicking on the 'Participants' button at the bottom of the Zoom window. Then, hover over your name and choose 'Rename.'

Try changing it to just your first name again and see if it stays that way. just a spot workaround.

Also i hope you have followed the steps from webclient - 

Humashankar_0-1709852789246.png

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!

Keep me posted

Huma

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Cliff1 - Did you ever set up your display name to have your last name?  I am thinking that it might be stored in a Cookie on your machine so that it keeps pulling up something used previously.  Can you try to delete your cookies and see if the problem still occurs?

Cliff1
Listener

I've removed my Zoom cookies and my version of Zoom is 5.16.10.

I'll also try removing my surname during an actual live Zoom meetings.

Thanks so much for the tips.

harisch
Listener

To display only your first name during Zoom meetings:

1. Ensure your Zoom profile lists only your first name.
  2. During meetings, click "Participants," then "More," and choose "Rename" to adjust your displayed name Startings With only your first name.

Cliff1
Listener

Will do, harisch, thanks.