cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My camera is zooming out

PedroKropf
Listener

Every time I start a call, my laptop camera automatically zooms out. I heard it can be because more than one person is speaking, but how can I disable it? 

14 REPLIES 14

willjoe
Attendee

Disable video by default
Sign in to the Zoom mobile app.
At the bottom of the screen, tap Settings.
Tap Meetings.
Enable the Always Turn Off My Video (Android) or Turn Off My Video (iOS) toggle. If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it.

Regards,

Will

Didn't work 😕 

PedroKropf
Listener

When anyone enters in the room, the camera automatically zooms out

hisern
Listener

I have the same issue, but it happens randomly even without anyone entering or exiting the room. Pretty annoying

I just had the same issue yesterday when I was in the middle of a Facebook live and my iPhone camera kept zooming out. I would zoom it back in but within a few seconds it would zoom back out again. How do I fix this?

Did you find a resolution?   This happens to me every time. 

Were you able to find a solution?  I'm having the same issue and its driving me crazy!

I found a meeting setting when on a zoom call

1. Start or join a Zoom meeting or webinar. 
  2. Tap the screen to bring up meeting controls. 
  3. On the top-left corner, tap Turn On Center Stage to enable the video tracking. 
  4. To disable Center Stage video tracking, tap Turn Off Center Stage

mornningluv
Listener

I am glad I am not the only one having this issue. It is very annoying when you are streaming as well 

Have you found a solution?  I am having the same issue and I can't figure it out!

x2YyT63qwQz69j
Listener

This is a setting possibly mobile phones only, or possibly just Zoom for android called "Auto Framing".  

To enable or disable this is very tricky.  
This setting is NOT on the menu (general or meetings) but only available when you are on a meeting and on Camera.  If you want to disable it, do it in a meeting, or launch a new meeting even with just you in it. Turn on your camera, or, click the ellipse (...) at the bottom right, and open "background and effects".

Look around the screen for a floating, semi-transparent, circular icon (sometimes blue) with a camera on it.

Click that icon, and you will see "Auto Framing".  Turn it off or on whenever you like.

This feature's placement accessiblity wasn't properly thought of.  They should have a menu item for both camera and audio settings.

eschader
Listener

I tried this but I do not see any floating camera icon.  IMG_7798.jpeg

Seek
Listener

Most of these replies are wrong. Open settings in zoom and toggle the option to see video controls. There is a square icon that says center stage. Turn this off.

There is no square icon. I'm experiencing this annoying thing as well.

And I'm using Zoom on Lenovo.