cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone issues on Bluetooth Headphones - Android App

michjhe1
Listener

I have a recent issue with the Android App of Zoom. I am using Bluetooth headphones (I have used multiple pairs to rule out its the headphone issue), when I enter a meeting,  will connect to meetings & receive audio from the meeting, however for some reason it is using my phones microphone (despite audio coming through my headphones) vs my headphones microphone.

I have tested just making calls on my phone through my Bluetooth headphones and it works just fine  as the Mic is picking up from my headphones. 

I just can't seem to solve this issue. Never was a problem until about a month ago. Using same phone S21 Ultra. I can call into meetings, then video in with my phone. It just isn't ideal and the audio quality isn't nearly as clear. HELP!

57 REPLIES 57

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @michjhe1, when joining Audio are you using Wifi/Cellular? 

As well, if your headphones have an integrated microphone (testing with AirPods and beats studios 3) the microphone on the headphones should pick up your voice. Either way is the quality bad with headphones for the microphone input? Should be able to switch the speaker on the device by tapping on the speaker icon 👇

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I'm having this same issue.  Same phone too. Your answer is not the least bit helpful here. I checked all of that several times. Something is wrong with the app

Same issue here. No help.

Same problem, can you fix it.

PropHeads
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

This doesn't address the issue at all.

Does not work. 

Barb7
Listener

I am also having this issue. I connect my bluetooth headset to my Samsung Tab S7+ and the headset works with YouTube. But when I log into a Zoom meeting, the audio only plays through the tablet speaker.  I tried touching the speaker icon, as recommended. The bluetooth icon turns on and off, but the sound still uses the device's speaker.

Same thing, Pixel 6 Pro, Zoom 5.10.2 (5359). Can only switch between the phone speaker and the loudspeaker, despite the icon showing Bluetooth.

Pixel 6A also

Yeah I have the exact same issue. The app works fine on my phone and only seems to have the issue on the tab

imfmw3
Listener

Same exact issue! Call audio out connects to Bluetooth earbuds on Android (Samsung S20FE), but the app is using the phone mic for audio - which obviously is problematic when the phone is in my pocket or a few feet away. Help! 

Tofuburger
Listener

Still having the same problem. Originally, no sound was coming through the headphones and the mics. I figured out how to have the sound come through the headphones, but the mic is still not working through my Bluetooth headset.

How did you get the sound to come out of the Bluetooth headset

How do  you do that

tofuburger1
Listener

I went to "More" on the main page of the app, then to "Meetings" and switch on Use Original Audio.

Once I'm in a meeting, I'm able to hear the sound through my bluetooth headset. 

Sometimes, if it's not working, I use the volume button and then open the volume control for the device (notification, ringtone, media, Bluetooth, and in-call volume should pop up) and then adjust the Bluetooth volume and it begins to work.

But if you hit the Bluetooth/Speakerphone button on the top left, it will disconnect and will not work again until you log off, log on and switch the original sound on/off again. 

I'm sorry for the bad explanation.

Either way, Zoom needs to come up with a fix for this because even if I can hear everyone else, the mic from my headset still doesn't work.

PropHeads
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

August 2 and still no fix. Is this even on the roadmap to fix? Can we get a status?

Mfermansf
Listener

Same problem. This is recent Ultra Note 20 no longer connecting to Bluetooth. Tried all the "fixes" posted.  This is not an issue with any other app .  Zoom please fix!

excelqueen
Listener

This is still an issue, I just got a new Samsung Ultra S22 and I thought that was the issue.  Have tried looking everywhere for an answer.  This is a major problem for me since my new phone also has to have an adapter to use wired earbuds.  Please fix ZOOM!

excelqueen
Listener

Looks like they are applying a fix on the 7/18/2022 release

• Resolved an issue regarding bluetooth devices - Android

Where is the URL?
Where is the information?

NachoUribe
Listener

I have the same issue. I am also on a Samsung S22 Ultra. Can't get the audio from Zoom only to come through my Bluetooth earphones. 

PropHeads
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Same problem with Pixel 6 Pro. It's almost August and Zoom still hasn't fix this. Incredibly annoying.

Rimbo
Listener

I'm having the same issue: Clicking "Use device audio" and using the "Audio bluetooth" button has almost no effect (the volume gets quieter if I hit Bluetooth, but still uses phone audio). All audio goes through the phone, none through the bluetooth headset. Zoom is version 5.11.4 (7276); phone is Galaxy S22 Ultra (SM-S908U); headphones are Jabra Elite 75+; Android v12.

PropHeads
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Exactly the same experience I'm having. I've tried four different Bluetooth headphones and absolutely nothing works.

excelqueen
Listener

I don't know how I did it, but I got my bluetooth in my car to work yesterday.  The only thing I did different was I had bluetooth off on my phone and started the call before I got in my car.  Then I turned on bluetooth on my phone and connected to Ford Sync and it started working.  I will test again sometime this week and let you know if that is how to make it work.

Flash24
Listener

I have the Samsung Tablet S8, it has been designed for meetings, and it's quite frustrating that the issue hasn't been resolved. I have even gone through reseting the Tablet, yet the issue persists

jhutchinskineti
Listener

Same here - Zoom actually used to work great with my headphones (Samsung S22 with Beats Solo3 headphones), but as of a few weeks ago, it just quit (maybe when the new patch was applied?).  Now, I cannot get either the sound or mic to work through zoom.   I've tried clearing data & cache on the app and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  When the icon in the top left is currently "bluetooth", then it uses my phone's standard speaker and mic, and when I press it, it just switches to speakerphone on my phone.  In any other app, my headphones work fine to listen to music, make calls, anything.  Just zoom that can't seem to figure it out.  I've tried everything I can think of to get it back again - hugely miss being able to use my headphones.

bcgirton
Listener

Zoom does  not recognize my Bluetooth headset (Jabra Evolve 75) on my Samsung S21 Android phone. Other apps have no problem with the headset. Reinstalling Zoom had no effect. Having no other devices connected to the headset has no effect.  Turning on Original Sound in the Zoom app has no effect.  The Windows app has no problems, and also offers ways to test the sound and camera; I suggest adding troubleshooting features to the Android app .  As things stand,  I can't attend a Zoom call from a noisy or public environment.  The Android app might as well not exist. 

jboogie
Listener

i don't have the same issue as OP, but the same issue that a lot of other folks here replied on where Bluetooth audio doesn't work at all. while in a meeting, tapping the audio icon in the top left just toggles audio between my phone's earpiece (when it's supposed to be through Bluetooth) and my phone's speaker. 

just bumping the thread here to get attention to this. maybe the issue is that since OP posted about another (similar but different) issue, the problem about audio not going through Bluetooth is not tracked? if so, where can we submit and track the progress of that issue?

kevinwm0
Listener

Same issue as others here on as Pixel be 4.

I regularly use headphones with my phone and computer, including computer with Zoomi think one workaround is that the headphones have to be connected BEFORE you open Zoom. That works for me .. sometimes.

eric5
Listener

I've literally had to buy a wired headset because of this issue, waited months for fix and still can't output to my bluetooth headset, unbelievable, it's been almost a year Zoom. Only app that can't output to my headset, what a joke of a company that's only task it video conferencing. 

PropHeads
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Couldn't agree more., only I don't have a wired headset port on my phone. I've switched to using Meet and Teams because of this. Can't believe it's been nearly a year without a fix. 

natwall21
Listener

I cleared my cache and data under the Zoom app in settings and re-logged in and started zoom and now my Bluetooth works. Not sure why but fingers crossed this works for everyone. 

not working anymore - so frustrating. 

AndreWest
Listener

Yeah, it is a Zoom thing!  They need to fix it. 

Bherre53
Listener

I've never had this issue before but it's happening right now. I wanted to listen to my meeting while grocery shopping but im stuck in my car because It won't connect to my Bluetooth headphones. 

Suphak
Listener

Zoom needs to come up with a fix
I need help from the Zoom Development team to fix this issue soon.
The Dev team needs to fix this bug in the Zoom Application.
This is a Zoom bug issue with Android App

"Can't believe it's been nearly a year without a fix" by PropHeads (Listener | Zoom Partner)

I collected all information for your team to fix that soon.
---------
Issue Detail :
Zoom Application Microphone issues on Bluetooth Headphones - Android App.

When the icon in the top left is currently "bluetooth", then it uses my phone's standard speaker and mic, and when I press it, it just switches to speakerphone on my phone. In any other app, my headphones work fine to listen to music, make calls, anything. Just zoom that can't seem to figure it out.

Size of Impact? : Many users reported about that issue.

Android Apps Version:

1. Android version 12 (One UI core version 4.1) (My phone)

Mobile Model:
1. Samsung Tab S7+
2. Samsung S20FE

3. Samsung Galaxy A22 5G
Model : SM-A226B/DS (My phone)

4. Ultra Note 20
5. Samsung S22 Ultra
6. Google Pixel 6 Pro
7. Galaxy S22 Ultra (SM-S908U)
8. Samsung S21
9. Samsung Tablet S8

Zoom Version:
1. Zoom is version 5.10.2 (5359)
2. Zoom is version 5.11.4 (7276)
3. Zoom is version 5.12.2 (9059) (My Phone)

Bluetooth Headphones Model:

1.Lennovo SH1 (My Bluetooth Headphones)
2.Bose SoundSport Free (My Bluetooth Headphones)
3.Jabra Evolve 75
4.Beats Solo3
5.Jabra Elite 75+

Workaround did but issue still :

1. User tried four different Bluetooth headphones and absolutely nothing works.
2. User reset the Tablet, yet the issue persists.
3. We tried clearing data & cache on the app and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the issue persists.
4. We confirmed headphones work fine to listen to music, make calls, anything in other applications.
Just zoom that can't seem to figure it out.
5. Resart the phone, yet the issue persists.

Was this work before? :
1.  natwall21  informed:I cleared my cache and data under the Zoom app in settings and re-logged in and started zoom and now my Bluetooth works. Not sure why but fingers crossed this works for everyone.

2. Bherre53 informed: I've never had this issue before but it's happening right now.

***Note: We don't have information about the phone model and Bluetooth headset model.
---------

I am using Moto edge 2022 ,  transferred all data from my old phone by a USB-C wire two months ago, so I guess it transferred all my setting from old phone to new device.   Zoom was working fine on bluetooth headphone till a week ago. I tried reinstall Zoom app , reboot , disconnect/reconnect my bluetooth headphone, another bluetooth device , no luck. 

finally fixed by the following way. 

go to setting , >>search >>type "bluetooth", find "bluetooth app info , to Storage& cache , clear cache , then clear storage. , reboot phone .

update, 

it was only working for a few days. bad again.