cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link not working for invited guests

TQuach
Listener

When our company users send a meeting invite, the invited guest gets stuck in the waiting room while the company user is in what seems like a different meeting room waiting for their invited guest to arrive. Both parties are using the link that was created in the initial invite, but are seemingly in two separate meeting "rooms".  This only started happening this week, is there any known issue that's being resolved? 

8 REPLIES 8

DerekO
Listener

I am having the same issue. I set up a meeting. Copy the link and send via email or WhatsApp. I start the meeting and no one joins. I then get a message saying people are waiting and it tells them I am in another meeting. Has happened for my last 4 meetings I have set up

tchan
Listener

I am also having the same issue. Has anyone figured out what this is happening?

TQuach
Listener

I spoke with Zoom support and they said to ensure you're logged in , either on the web or on the desktop app, before scheduling the meeting and before logging entering the meeting. This way Zoom recognizes you as the host of the same meeting and will log you in accordingly. If not signed in when entering the meeting, it'll create a new meeting (and meeting ID) where you are the host, and the invitee will be sitting in the original meeting you scheduled (with the original meeting ID). So far, I haven't heard any additional complaints from my team. 

tchan
Listener

Have invitees outside your organization been able to join the meetings? I logged into my account, created a meeting and started the meeting but invitees external to the organization get the "This meeting has not been started" message and I don't get any notification in the meeting that there are invitees in the waiting room.

_Omonike
Listener

Mine is a bit similar. Got a meeting invite with a link. But I can't access the meeting room via the link. Unfortunately no ID and password was shared to try manually. How do I solve this. I have deleted zoom and reinstalled.. still same issue. 

Theville65
Listener

My issue is that I am logged in, creating a meeting, sending the invitation link but no one can log in. it is giving them some kind of error message. This is out of the blue as I have been using zoom for 2 years not and I cant figure it out.  Also, there are times when I am not being heard.

regalshebear
Listener

Same problem and this is 9/15/2023. 

shubamsubham
Listener

Today my client share zoom link But link not work. My client share multiple time links but same meeting not create. I lost my client please help ma which issues?