cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the usefulness of the Zoom link to exclusively the booked date and time

GerardoG
Listener

In our organization, people use Calendly to book the Zoom room and have their meetings. Unfortunately, the meeting links often also work at dates and times different from the booked ones. So, for example, let’s say I booked the room for an online meeting on March 30, 8:00 – 9:00 am. I would then receive a Calendly email with the details and the Zoom link, and if I use the link on March 27 at 2:45 pm, it’ll let me enter the room.

The problem with this is that one person can book the room for a particular date and time–receiving one link, and someone else can occupy it–with a different link–right before the meeting. When that happens, those who try to use the room for the booked meeting, receive a message saying, “the host has another meeting in progress” and are locked out.

How can we fix this? For example, is there a way to make the links work exclusively at the booked dates and time? If I booked the Zoom room for March 30, 8:00 - 9:00 am, the link should only work during that specific hour. That way, people would never be locked out of the room for booked meetings.

I hope that wasn’t too confusing. I already asked on the Calendly community forum, and I was told everything related to the Zoom link corresponds to Zoom and not Calendly. That's why I'm now asking here. Thank you in advance!

0 REPLIES 0