cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have a secured meeting without a host?

Himavat
Listener

Is it possible to have a secured meeting without a host?  It seems like this works if the meeting is not secured, but if the meeting is secured the participants gets a "Waiting for host" message.  Is it any way to turn this off?  I want the meeting to run even if the host hasn't started  it, but I still want the meeting to be secured with a passcode.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

You will want to enable "Allow participants to join anytime" when scheduling the meeting:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202828525-Allow-participants-to-join-before-host

Hope this helps.

Rupert

View solution in original post

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Himavat 

Yes, it's possible, but the meeting will only be so secure without you there. You can schedule it with the following settings: 

• Passcode - enabled and set
  • Allow participants to join anytime - enabled
  • Waiting Room - disabled

With those set as such, participants will be able to join, if they have the correct passcode. It would be better to have you present, as that would allow you to use the Waiting Room or Lock Meeting features. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

alex390-orlando
Listener

You can try signing in using the host's zoom account if you know it.

Hm... I'm the host, but I want to give the opportunity for my co-workers to attend to a scheduled meeting without my participation, and also without giving away the password for the host login...  And also I want the meeting to be secured with a passcode so that it's not open to anyone.

Rupert

Hello,

You will want to enable "Allow participants to join anytime" when scheduling the meeting:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202828525-Allow-participants-to-join-before-host

Hope this helps.

Rupert

Bort

Hi @Himavat 

Yes, it's possible, but the meeting will only be so secure without you there. You can schedule it with the following settings: 

• Passcode - enabled and set
  • Allow participants to join anytime - enabled
  • Waiting Room - disabled

With those set as such, participants will be able to join, if they have the correct passcode. It would be better to have you present, as that would allow you to use the Waiting Room or Lock Meeting features. 

Himavat
Listener

Thanx!  Exactly what I was looking for 🙂