cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop video vignetting

arbitro123
Listener

I haven't changed cameras but recently my Zoom video shows vignetting: dark rounded edges on left and right side of video. Any ideas why? I am not using any backgrounds or filters. I'm using the camera on my Windows 10 PC. I've used Zoom for many hours without this problem.

arbitro123_0-1629490389038.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arbitro123
Listener

I opened the Windows 10 Camera app. I see the same problem, which means the problem is not with Zoom. Thanks for narrowing the source of the problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @arbitro123, super strange. Do you mind checking on Windows 10, to see if you open up your webcam or camera within the Windows 10 camera app.

Select the Start button, and then select Camera in the list of apps and see if this is acting the same? It almost looks as it's being blocked off by your camera casing or something.

Also, if you don't mind going into your Zoom desktop client settings and under 'video' try unchecking or checking the 'original ratio' to see if that makes a difference! Hope this helps! 😀

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I'm facing  same issue, I'm using chromebook(Celeron), Google meets and other camera application is no problem, only zoom camera has isse, visual is quite low and jagged, can't read any text.

Seems camera resolution setteing have issue, view angle also different from other applications.

Hope to provide solution to improve...

arbitro123
Listener

I opened the Windows 10 Camera app. I see the same problem, which means the problem is not with Zoom. Thanks for narrowing the source of the problem.

I have discovered that unchecking the HD checkbox under the Camera settings makes the vignetting go away.

arbitro123_0-1629584968724.png

Gottaride
Listener

I cannot find the screen shown in this Solution. Could someone please give me a step-by-step process for my laptop Windows 10? Thanks so much!!

A couple ways to do this:

1) without starting a meeting, click on the gear icon under your photo to access Settings. In Settings, select Video on the left column. On the right side of the screen, the HD checkbox is under your video window.

2) start a meeting. Click on the up arrow next to the Start Video icon in the lower left corner. This will take you to the same Settings area as above.