cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a work mail for a SSO only user?

CooperWang
Listener

I set up SSO and ADFS in my environment. All user can login via SSO with their own AD credential. The accounts will be created at the first login automatically. 

Now I have to provide an account credential to the 3rd-part vendor. But I don't want the vendor use AD credential to login Zoom. So how can I add a work mail login method for an exist SSO user? 

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @CooperWang 

Yes, you can create other login methods, as long as you allow that login method to be used in the account Security settings. Just go to https://zoom.us/signup and enter that user's email address, which will send them an email to activate that account, but really its just activating that login method. As long as the emails match on the system, those 2 login methods will automatically be linked to the same account and either can be used. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi @Bort 

Thanks for your reply. I tried with your suggestion but I get an email from Zoom that the content is below:

"

Hello Cooper Wang,

There was recently a request to logon Zoom. Based on our records, you can sign in using your single sign-on(SSO) credentials.

Go to your organization's sign in page https://xxxx.zoom.us/signin and enter your credentials.

"

But I confirmed that I have removed force SSO for the domain which I wanted to login in the security settings. It seems don't work.

And I checked the setting “Allow users to sign in with work email” was ON in the Advanced/Security of SA account.

I try to sign up a work mail account, but I received an email like this:

"

Hello
Because your e-mail address ends with @xxxx.com, you must contact your organization's Zoom account admin for a Zoom account or sign up with a different e-mail address
Thank you for choosing Zoom.
-The Zoom Team

"

Bort

Hi @CooperWang

It could be related to the Associated domain settings preventing that email login creation. I cannot test directly since I don't have an account with SSO configured, but I would try disabling the Allow users with the same domain to sign up for Zoom option, try the sign-up page again, and see if the email comes through as expected, rather than the error message.