cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Send Invite with Accept/Decline

lauren3
Listener

How can I send Zoom meeting invitations with the accept/decline feature? We use the Calendar program that is provided by Apple within the company.  Do I need to set up a Google calendar in order to use that feature?  

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @lauren3 

Calendar invites with Accept / Decline options are provided by the calendar service directly, with Zoom meeting details just attached to the calendar event. I know that Google and Outlook calendar events have this option, but not sure about iCal. You might ask the IT team within your company for assistance on how best to achieve this, as they may have options for you. 

lauren3
Listener

Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately we don't have an IT team...

I know that we use the Outlook meeting .ics files to add meetings to our calendar, but we don't use Outlook itself. It may be that option is not available to us.

Thanks again! I appreciate your help!

KauaiZoomer
Listener

Unfortunately ZOOM's support for the Apple calendar is terrible. I requested the ability to schedule from Apple calendar (iCal) years ago but it has never happened. So ZOOM forces me to schedule and accept meetings on Google calendar which I otherwise don't use at all. I use Apple Mail not Outlook so that is not an option either. 

hochd
Listener

This is a big problem and it really confuses people. Fix this, Zoom! 

ScienceMan
Listener

I was wondering why meetings I used to accept on a tentative basis have been showing up as already accepted. Note to Zoom folks: It is *essential* that we have the accept/decline/tentative feature on all incoming Zoom meeting invitations!