cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I record audio of individual participants?

Clarely
Listener

I know that there is a setting to enable recording of individual participants, but I can't seem to get it to work. Can anyone help? I run choir rehearsals online, and mostly have to trust that people are singing the right thing! But at times I have tried to record participants. In the app, I have clicked the enable box for this. When I log into zoom on the web browser and host a rehearsal that way, and press record, it does not record individuals. I just tried logging in through the app for a rehearsal, and pressed record, and it still does not record individual audio. 
Any thoughts on what I need to do?
Thanks in advance! 

5 REPLIES 5

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Clarely 

Recording via the web client will definitely not provide individual recordings.

You do need to use the local client app on your computer.

It does needs to be the desktop client on a Windows or Mac computer. iPad etc will not work either.

It does also need to be a local recording. Cloud recording will not work either.

But, for local recording, from the desktop app, it should (does) work.

You may want to ensure your client is up-to-date. There were some updates recently to recording features.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrading-Zoom-to-the-latest-version

Can you confirm you are looking at the setting pasted below - and also how many Participants you have in your meeting. If you are running a choir - that might be large? Local recording support up to 80.

Rupert_0-1632835116394.png

Are you seeing any audio recording at all?

Hope this helps.

Rupert

Hi Rupert
Thanks for your suggestions. I have updated the desktop app. 
But all my settings were correct previously - I had selected the second box as per the image you pasted.  And for the last attempt I was on desktop client, local recording. Also it's normally 15 - 20 participants only. 
There may be a simple answer - that everyone's mics were on mute. Because of the timelag we can't all sing 'together'. Normally I play a recording and everyone sings along to that, with their mics mute. But I'm sure I've attended an event where audio was recorded of all participants even though our mics were muted. Is there a way for the sound to be recorded even though the participants are mute in the event? 

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

No, if their mics are muted, Zoom is receiving no audio from them. Zoom cannot record what it cannot hear. 

timearthur
Listener

I have this question too. I can record single audio tracks but not video. Is it only for paid accounts?

Bort

Currently Zoom only offers recording separate audio tracks on local recordings. This option is not yet available for cloud recordings, and there is no way to get individual video files for each participant.