cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get captioning when attending as a participant in a zoom meeting?

JBMC
Listener

I am in attending a zoom meeting and there is no captioning. In my account settings shows that the closed captioning is on. There is no icon button for me to turn on cc during a zoom meeting as a participant? 

4 REPLIES 4

jdott16
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hello @JBMC 

For Closed Captioning to be available, the host of the meeting has to have the setting enabled. If you are participating on a meeting and the button is not available, it is most likely the case that he host has not enabled this feature. 

I hope this helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

LeeLovetro
Listener

Hi I enabled the participant myself for closed captioning as I am the host.  When I do a test with the participant, the closed captioning doesn't work on their end.  Any ideas on how I can help my participant use it when I am hosting?  They have a hearing problem.  Thank you!

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @LeeLovetro.

Hopefully this Zoom Support article will help:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0059762 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

alexhales
Listener

Enabling captions in a Zoom meeting is a straightforward process. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you get captions as a participant:

1. Join the Zoom Meeting: Start by joining the Zoom meeting as you normally would.

2. Access the Zoom Controls: Once you are in the meeting, locate the Zoom toolbar at the bottom of the screen.

3. Click on the "More" Button: In the toolbar, find the "More" button (represented by three dots) and click on it.

4. Select "Show Subtitle": In the "More" menu, you should see an option labeled "Show Subtitle." Click on this option to enable captions.

5. Adjust Caption Settings (Optional): Zoom apps allows you to customize your caption settings. If needed, you can click on "Subtitle Settings" to adjust the font size, style, and other caption preferences according to your preferences.

6. View Captions: Once you've enabled captions, you should start seeing them displayed on the screen as the meeting progresses. Captions will typically appear at the bottom of the Zoom window.

And that's it! You should now be able to view captions during the Zoom meeting. If the host has not enabled captions for the meeting, you may need to ask them to about hindivilla an amazing  so, as the option for participants to enable captions might be restricted by the host.

If you have any further questions or encounter any issues, feel free to let me know.