cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host ScreenShares, Participant Screen Disappears

Jenny321
Listener

When using the Zoom application with iPad, my screen (participant screen) disappears when the host screen shares. In the past, even if the host screen shares, the host and the (participant) screen were displayed along with the shared screen. But all of a sudden, the  participant screen is not displayed, but only the host screen. If I click the host screen and click on the gallery view, a window is added differently than before, so I can't see it on one screen [only  shared screen] or [only host and participant screen] by drag.

Is there a way to make all 3 shared screens, host screens, and participant screens appear on one screen as before without moving the screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MichaelYuan
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @Jenny321 Thanks for posting your question here and sorry fro the inconvenience.

It mainly related with the multiple share. I think you can check the host share setting first. (On desktop client. There is no share settings on mobile client and one participant can share at a time when the host is using mobile client)

MichaelYuan_0-1709589555575.png

When enable multiple share from desktop client, you can switch shared screen from iPad if multiple sharing is received.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MichaelYuan
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @Jenny321 Thanks for posting your question here and sorry fro the inconvenience.

It mainly related with the multiple share. I think you can check the host share setting first. (On desktop client. There is no share settings on mobile client and one participant can share at a time when the host is using mobile client)

MichaelYuan_0-1709589555575.png

When enable multiple share from desktop client, you can switch shared screen from iPad if multiple sharing is received.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Hi @Jenny321! Thank you for posting your question. @MichaelYuan has provided the solution for you, so I've marked it as an accepted solution. Please let us know if you need additional assistance! 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I tried to proceed after according to the method you told me on the host screen, but I still see the same problem. What is the cause?

MichaelYuan
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@Jenny321 What type of sharing did the host try to share? screen, whiteboard, or something else? Have you tried to share from a desktop client and set multiple sharing?

It just happens when using the screen sharing. This class is a one-on-one class between students and teachers, so we don't set up multiple sharing.

It also happens to me in group classes.  I cannot monitor visually if I am presenting.  I do not like this new update.  It forces you to switch around your screens too often. 

I am having this same issue. When you screen share a file you cannot see the participants at all.  Mobile has had this issue for a while but now I am having the issue with my ipad.  I would to share and see if anyone needs to speak or monitor without removing the screen share. 

Plba58
Listener

I am having this same issue. When you screen share a file you cannot see the participants at all.  Mobile has had this issue for a while but now I am having the issue with my ipad.  I would to share and see if anyone needs to speak or monitor without removing the screen share.