cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal lines on screen once I start a meeting..and only in Zoom app.

ByCeles
Listener

Hi! After some updates to Zoom, I am having a problem which I did not use to have. I have kept the same laptop, same windows, same Zoom settings..same everything...but external camera Logitech C-270 started having problems only in Zoom app...not in any other app... camera works wonderfully in other apps except on Zoom.

The problem is that as soon as I enter a Zoom meeting, camera starts making horizontal lines (I attach picture)..I tried enabling and disabling many advanced video settings in Zoom..nothing seems to work.

My internal camera works fine in Zoom, my external HD camera, does not. The problem seems to be between Zoom and the external camera. I recently reset my laptop to factory setting, and the problem still persists.

I insist..external camera works fine in any other app or program. It is not a problem with the camera.

How can I solve this? Any fix?

3 REPLIES 3

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

have you updated your zoom version?  this was an issue with a zoom release about 6 months ago.

pcr42
Listener

I only started having this problem after the update to 5.16.2 on an M1 MacBook Pro. I'm using an external camera with an AJA U-Tap. Worked fine in previous Zoom versions as well as Teams, FaceTime and other apps. Uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting helped briefly but now it's an issue again. Same on 3 other M1 MacBook Pro machines.

Still having issues with this. Does anyone from support read this? I've upgraded to the latest release 5.16.1 (24664) and it's the same. Sometimes I can get it to stop by switching camera to internal FaceTime and back. Occasionally it works. The external camera works in all other applications.