cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with installing zoom

HannahB1
Listener

Hi there,

I am trying to install zoom on my mac and it keeps saying installation failed. When I first tried to install it, an apple command popped up that I clicked not to allow, and I am concerned that this has affected me being able to download the app successfully. Please help!! 

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @HannahB1 , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues downloading Zoom on your Mac. 

Let's try the below steps and let me know if it helps:

1. Please go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders —> Installer—>Downloads folder.
  2. After enabling these options please reboot your device and try installing the Zoom desktop client app again.

Note:
If the installer is not seen at the above location, please add it manually by going to Finder > Go > Go to  Folder...- key in /System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app and then add the installer once the option is listed.

CarlaA_0-1677027032144.png

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @HannahB1 was @CarlaA's reply helpful? If so, great! Just don't forget to click that 'Accept as solution' button! 😉

Otherwise, wanted to mention, our Knowledge Base Article on Troubleshooting issues with Zoom update and installation. It contains helpful recommendations that can assist you in resolving the issue. Please give it a read and let me know if you're able to install/update Zoom.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!