cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!!! Can't find recording - cloud or local

CazzaD
Listener

I was recording [well I think I was] a Conference today - 5hrs & I am unsure if I clicked Cloud or Local for the recording. It didn't ask me what folder or place to put the recording & didn't really think much of it [I haven't recorded before]. How do I find the recording?

All help would be appreciated as this recording is supposed to go our World Wide... HELP!!!!!

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

If you recorded it locally, it will be in your Documents - Zoom folder. If you recorded to the cloud, sign into Zoom.US and click Recordings on the left.  Two screenshots are attached. If this answers your question, please click Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

asifnaveed8527
Listener

Hey there! Ramzan here,

Oh no, I feel your panic! I've been in similar situations before. First things first, take a deep breath. Let's try to locate that recording step by step.

Local Recording: Typically, if it's saved locally, it should be in the "Documents" folder on your computer. Look for a folder called "Zoom." Inside that, there should be another folder with the date of the recording, and inside that, you should find your recording.

Cloud Recording: If it's on the cloud, log into your Zoom account on a web browser, not the application. Go to 'My Recordings' on the left sidebar. If your recording is there, you'll see a list of your cloud recordings. Download the one you need.

If neither method works, it might be worth checking with Zoom support. Their live chat support is pretty responsive.

Hope this helps! Fingers crossed for you! 🤞🍀

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @CazzaD.

A Cloud Recording always appears in the Recordings listing of the Meeting Owner -- the person to whom the meeting belongs.  If you were made a Co-Host, or even if you were made the meeting Host, any Cloud Recording will be in the account of the Meeting Owner.  Contact that person to determine if a Cloud Recording was initiated, and if so, ask for access to the recording.  If you scheduled the meeting, it will be in your Cloud Recordings listing on the Zoom Web Portal under the Personal -> Recordings menu.

A Local Recording is always recorded on the device on which the Local Recording was initiated.  Note that Local Recording is only possible on devices running Windows, MacOS, or Linux; no Local Recordings can be made from iOS, Android, or Chrome devices.  To find Local Recordings, go to the Settings window on the Zoom Desktop app on the Recording tab, and see the location of Zoom Recordings, or click on the Open button:

Ray_Harwood_0-1692515264339.png

See the following Zoom Support articles for additional details on recordings:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360040771752-Recording-meetings-locally-and-to-the-cloud

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203741855-Starting-a-cloud-recording 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you so much Chris - luckily the recording has been found. Because I was not the "Link Host" the recording [as I was led to believe] was not on my computer but on the computer of the person who sent the link to start the Conference. I didn't get the confirmation until the following day. 

8 REPLIES 8

chrismenard7

If you recorded it locally, it will be in your Documents - Zoom folder. If you recorded to the cloud, sign into Zoom.US and click Recordings on the left.  Two screenshots are attached. If this answers your question, please click Accept as Solution

Thank you so much Chris - luckily the recording has been found. Because I was not the "Link Host" the recording [as I was led to believe] was not on my computer but on the computer of the person who sent the link to start the Conference. I didn't get the confirmation until the following day. 

Just recorded locally by accident not to cloud. see the document but how do I open it and watch recording?? can I share with others

Ray_Harwood

What document do you see? Is there just one file, or a folder of files, and what types of files? Also, Mac or Windows?

Files in Zoom Folder. I am using a Macbook pro .

Can see a .m4a file; a .conf file; and a .mp4 but cannot click on them. they are grayed out 

asifnaveed8527
Listener

Hey there! Ramzan here,

Oh no, I feel your panic! I've been in similar situations before. First things first, take a deep breath. Let's try to locate that recording step by step.

Local Recording: Typically, if it's saved locally, it should be in the "Documents" folder on your computer. Look for a folder called "Zoom." Inside that, there should be another folder with the date of the recording, and inside that, you should find your recording.

Cloud Recording: If it's on the cloud, log into your Zoom account on a web browser, not the application. Go to 'My Recordings' on the left sidebar. If your recording is there, you'll see a list of your cloud recordings. Download the one you need.

If neither method works, it might be worth checking with Zoom support. Their live chat support is pretty responsive.

Hope this helps! Fingers crossed for you! 🤞🍀

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @CazzaD.

A Cloud Recording always appears in the Recordings listing of the Meeting Owner -- the person to whom the meeting belongs.  If you were made a Co-Host, or even if you were made the meeting Host, any Cloud Recording will be in the account of the Meeting Owner.  Contact that person to determine if a Cloud Recording was initiated, and if so, ask for access to the recording.  If you scheduled the meeting, it will be in your Cloud Recordings listing on the Zoom Web Portal under the Personal -> Recordings menu.

A Local Recording is always recorded on the device on which the Local Recording was initiated.  Note that Local Recording is only possible on devices running Windows, MacOS, or Linux; no Local Recordings can be made from iOS, Android, or Chrome devices.  To find Local Recordings, go to the Settings window on the Zoom Desktop app on the Recording tab, and see the location of Zoom Recordings, or click on the Open button:

Ray_Harwood_0-1692515264339.png

See the following Zoom Support articles for additional details on recordings:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360040771752-Recording-meetings-locally-and-to-the-cloud

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203741855-Starting-a-cloud-recording 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings

CazzaD
Listener

Thank you so much Chris, Ray & Asifnaveed - luckily the recording has been found. Because I was not the "Link Host" the recording [as I was led to believe] was not on my computer but on the computer of the person who sent the link to start the Conference. I didn't get the confirmation until the following day - I was actually told not to panic so much - hmmmm... Least I can now send it out to those who require it... 
Thanks a bunch those guys - I will now know in future.