cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fathom Does Not Work For Some Of My Meetings

Kenergizer_
Listener

Hi all, 

I'm hoping to get answer to my unique problem. I've already sent out a ticket to support for both Zoom and Fathom but I just wanted to post here as well thinking someone might also have the same problem

Here's the problem, some of my meetings are working well with Fathom, however there are other meetings that doesn't work and error says " Meeting Type not supported" therefore I cannot use Fathom. That exact meeting having the issue requires registration for the users to join. What I have noticed is that my meetings without registration works well with Fathom. 

I'll attach below the screenshot of the issue. 

screenshot_2023-09-15_at_6.55.02_am_720.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pubgliteapk
Listener

Fathom currently does not support Zoom meetings with registration. This is because Zoom has not yet made the necessary APIs available to third-party developers. Fathom is working with Zoom to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime, there are a few workarounds that you can use:

1. You can disable registration for your Zoom meetings. This will allow Fathom to work for all of your meetings.
  2. You can use a different meeting platform, such as Google Meet or Microsoft Teams. These platforms both support meeting registration and Fathom integration.
  3. You can use a different Fathom alternative, such as Otter.ai or Rev.ai. These platforms also support meeting registration and can provide similar features to Fathom.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Here are some additional thoughts:

• Fathom is relatively new app , so it is not surprising that it does not yet support all Zoom features. However, Fathom is actively developing new features and integrations, so it is likely that Zoom meeting registration support will be added in the near future.
  • If you are using Zoom meetings with registration, and you need to use Fathom, then I recommend that you use one of the workarounds listed above. Disabling registration or using a different meeting platform are the most straightforward options. However, if you need to use Fathom with Zoom meeting registration, then you may want to consider using a different Fathom alternative.
  • I recommend that you keep an eye on the Fathom website and social media channels for updates on Zoom meeting registration support. Once this feature is available, you will be able to use Fathom with all of your Zoom meetings, regardless of whether or not registration is required.

https://pubgliteapk.com/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pubgliteapk
Listener

Fathom currently does not support Zoom meetings with registration. This is because Zoom has not yet made the necessary APIs available to third-party developers. Fathom is working with Zoom to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime, there are a few workarounds that you can use:

1. You can disable registration for your Zoom meetings. This will allow Fathom to work for all of your meetings.
  2. You can use a different meeting platform, such as Google Meet or Microsoft Teams. These platforms both support meeting registration and Fathom integration.
  3. You can use a different Fathom alternative, such as Otter.ai or Rev.ai. These platforms also support meeting registration and can provide similar features to Fathom.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Here are some additional thoughts:

• Fathom is relatively new app , so it is not surprising that it does not yet support all Zoom features. However, Fathom is actively developing new features and integrations, so it is likely that Zoom meeting registration support will be added in the near future.
  • If you are using Zoom meetings with registration, and you need to use Fathom, then I recommend that you use one of the workarounds listed above. Disabling registration or using a different meeting platform are the most straightforward options. However, if you need to use Fathom with Zoom meeting registration, then you may want to consider using a different Fathom alternative.
  • I recommend that you keep an eye on the Fathom website and social media channels for updates on Zoom meeting registration support. Once this feature is available, you will be able to use Fathom with all of your Zoom meetings, regardless of whether or not registration is required.

https://pubgliteapk.com/

Pilgrimbrent
Listener

I have a Zoom account. I want Fathom to automatically start recording on all of my Zoom meetings -  But sometimes when I start a Zoom, Fathom shows up, and sometimes not and in those cases I want to turn it on but there is no means of doing so. When I am in the non-Fathom meeting and I click on the "Apps" button at the bottom of the page, "Fathom" does not appear. It is a complete mystery to me why Fathom starts sometimes when I start a scheduled meeting, and sometimes does not. 

CandiceGC
Listener

I am also experiencing this issue and have not been able to get it to resolve. More concerning - it seems that a new AI integration is being forced on me. Two different times read.ai jumped onto my meeting without my authorization. And, I noticed another AI platform has it's own space on my dashboard beside the "apps" button. This suggests Zoom has an outside alliance and is forcing users to work with it. I am not happy. Is there any work around?