cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded recordings of shared screen with speaker view only show shared screen and not speaker

emdh
Listener

I've gone through all the settings necessary (as far as I can tell) to record myself presenting my screen to participants, but for the recording only to show me. However, when I download the recording from the cloud - or in fact try doing it locally - the recording only shows my shared screen with my audio - I can't see the video of myself presenting. I'm at a loss to what's going on. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

4 REPLIES 4

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

Trying to understand - Do you want to see yourself and the shared screen in the recording, or just you?

I accidentally tapped 'solution' rather than reply on my phone - doh!

Sorry I wasn't clear. I would like to record myself and my shared screen. When I say I want the recordings to show only me, I mean not my participants in the gallery too. I hope that makes more sense?

kjhartma

So couple things you can try:

In your Zoom cloud settings, click Settings on the left, then across the top of the page, click Recordings.  Under the options for Cloud Recording, I would uncheck record gallery view with shared screen, and under the option to record separately, I would only check active speaker and shared screen, or have everything unchecked there.

kjhartma_0-1710767928885.png

If you have enough people with cameras on, I would also Spotlight yourself, this way you're always on camera even if someone else starts speaking.  You'll always stay the active speaker this way.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066300

danaf
Listener

YES to this!! We are going crazy trying to figure out what's going on. We turned on all the settings to record speaker + screen, then we try to download the version that says "Shared screen with speaker view" and all we have is a shared screen with voiceover. It's so frustrating!