cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customise Zoom Menu Bar

cbdsupport
Listener

Hi, how can I change the order of the icons in Zoom menu bar so that Chat and Record icons show on the bar without having to click on "More"?

15 REPLIES 15

cbdsupport
Listener

I hope I can configure the menu bar to be like the screenshot.
This is what I see on another device.

neilmason
Listener

I would REALLY love to be able to customise the control bar … remove items I don't use often (or never) and make sure that the main items I use are typically always visible. E.g. AI Companion, Summary, Remove control are visible, but the stuff I use like BREAKOUT ROOMS, RECORD, REACTIONS only become visible when the bar is wider. 

Is there a way to do this? 

cbdsupport
Listener

You may check out this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/17396873863309-Enabling-in-meeting-questions-with-AI-Compa...
I managed to removed AI Companion but some Breakout Room, Record and Chat are still grouped under More when the screen is not wide enough. I wish I can customise the order. 

GRW1
Listener

I always need 3 menu items - Participants, Chat, and Share Screen.  But when I make the window smaller, these get hidden under the "More..." menu.  Instead, I can only see much more obscure menu items that I seldom use - Security, Reactions, Apps, Whiteboards.  Please help users reduce clicks and mental tax!

marcusamye
Listener

I agree! After the latest update, my menu bar is suddenly crowded with all kinds of features I don't need and the chat (which is used far more than any of the others) disappears. Please, please, Zoom team, make it possible for people to customize their menu bars and/or hide certain unused features. 

ACowie
Listener

The reactions tab is now hidden from plain view if i enable the chat box on my laptop.As a user reactions is one of the most important features please allow use to remove feature tabs we don`t use

Hi, has there been any progress/update on this?

Participant and Chat option is a must.. It is frustrating when i click either one and the sidebar opens, participants and/or chat gets pushed into the more menu.

Even more frustrating is when you don't maximize zoom, even the Share option is hidden... 

And we have AI Companion, of all things, front and centre all of the time.

Ridiculous.

Zoom customer support is probably one of the worst on the internet. They do not listen to their paying customers. Maximising their profits at the expense of loyal users. So obvious that an option to change or delete icons you do not use so the main important ones are at the forefront .Please someone tell AI companion to fxxx off and take whiteboards notes apps start summary with him/her them

ZimmerZoomers
Attendee

Zoom have completely messed up the raise hand setting and Icon . They simply do not know what they are doing. Spent an hour with support speaking to people who dont know what they are doing who then had to ask others who dont know what they are doing. Being able to arrange the icons to suit our individual use should be an automatic available feature .

They also have the stupid I see you havent spoken for awhile message come up and lower hands.. GET A GRIP ZOOM!!!

ACowie
Listener

Omg they have finally given us it in the latest update you can customize the taskbar..

Hi can you enlighten me as to how I can customize? just downloaded zoom 6

GRW1
Listener

Hallelujah!  FYI, you'll need to upgrade your Zoom client to version 6.x of the client to see the new option to customize the taskbar.

Hi can you enlighten me as to how I can customize? just downloaded zoom 6 I cant see how ?

Click and drag any of the taskbar icons left or right to set it up the way you want.
They have also given us audio and video options menu bars without having to go deep into options just click and change it. I like these changes.

Thank you very much. That is very helpful😃