cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely blurry recording

sriaushadhi
Listener

Hello

I just hosted a zoom session for my group where I invited a speaker. When I accessed the recording after the talk, what surprised me is that the image of the speaker was totally blurry whereas the power point presentation and the voice was absolutely clear. I also got an email from Zoom saying that my storage limit was 1 GB and this recording took up 2. 55 GB as a result of which I need to increase my storage limit and buy an add on cloud recording plan. Are the faces blurry because of  exceeding the storage limit.? Will the face images get clear if I buy more storage? Also, it was unclear as to where to buy the add-on cloud recording plan after clicking the link on the email. Please advise. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, sriaushadhi

I wonder if the blurring of the video image has anything to do with exceeding the recording capacity. I think so.

Depending on how blurry the image is, the most common cause may be insufficient Internet bandwidth, so please check the Internet bandwidth of the presenter.
If the presenter's Internet bandwidth is sufficient, the cause may be one of the following:

1. The web camera used by the presenter has low performance.

2. The maximum video resolution can be set to 360p, 720p, or 1080p.
Group HD Off: 360p
Group HD On: 720p, 1080p

web portal( https://zoom.us ) settings>meeting>In Meeting (Advanced)

Ohkawa_0-1632631122598.png

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I am not aware of anything within Zoom that would downgrade the quality of your recording due to insufficient cloud recording space. The quality of the recording is based on the quality of the meeting itself, so the issue is not with the cloud recording storage space. 

I have the exact same problem. The slides and even the background are perfectly sharp, only the speakers are blurred.