cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Caption

Pizzaman
Listener

HELP!!  My hearing is very bad and on many calls, I struggle to hear all of what people are saying. I have tried everything I can think of to turn on CC, but no luck.

I have basic. I also have a school provided account, but according to my information, the administrator has captioning shut off.  So how can I get captioning on my basic account?

I see some mention of third party methods. Any suggestions?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

OH... on a basic account does the 40 minutes limit apply if I am not hosting but attending a zoom meeting? That is if the host has a paid version and I do not. 

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Pizzaman if the host is licensed and schedules the meeting, participants do not have to worry about the 40-minute limit. 

Secondly, If closed captioning or live transcripts are available during a meeting or webinar, you can view these as a participant. Ensure that Automated captioning is enabled as well. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thanks for getting   back to me !!!

Since I have Zoom from my school (Captioning not allowed) and also have Zoom I downloaded ( I never know when I will be booted from the school account), how do I know what Zoom I am using and can I switch?

I have captioning enabled on my downloaded Zoom app.  As mentioned, school setting are grayed out for CC.

I hold no meetings so I just click to join when I get an invitation. I have no idea what Zoom I am using. Schools, or mine.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Pizzaman gotcha, okay. This may be dependent on the Account admin at your school. Are you able to go to https://zoom.us/account/setting and configure close caption settings (enabling)? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

No, not allowed. All closed caption settings say closed by administrator.  Settings are grayed out.  On my personal Zoom app, I have CC enabled. I just don't know when I join a zoom session by clicking on Click here to join if I am using the schools or my own. And, I don't know how to switch. Like said, I just click join and Zoom works, without any captioning. 

I did see a video that said if enabled, on the bottom of the screen you can ask host to enable CC. I have never seen that option.

Thanks again for the speedy response. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Pizzaman ah, yeah as prompted, you will need to reach out to the account administrator to enable that setting. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Yahshua
Listener

How do we turn off close caption?  after the software update in December, whenever we go live on YouTube the close cation is on.