cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use contacts as attendees when scheduling a meeting?

BellaHomes
Listener

Hello! I recently began to use zoom to schedule meetings regularly, but I have noticed that when typing in the 'attendee' field to schedule a meeting, there's no option to just choose from my actual contacts list or autofill. Given how often we hold the meetings and the amount of people, it's a bit tedious to copy/paste each individual email address. 

Given how common a feature autofilling contacts is, how do I do this on my Zoom account?

I already have contacts saved in my personal contacts list, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

9 REPLIES 9

CB14
Listener

Yes . Having the exact same issue ... the contacts do NOT seem to be integrated into  attendees

Rebecca40
Listener

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!

contimic
Listener

Agreed!

Is there no way for Zoom to allow contacts in the personal contacts group to appear in the attendees field?

CiaranDoran
Listener

Have to say that when I encountered this issue I thought it was me but I'm no seeing this thread and am rather shocked at what I see as such a basic function not in place. I added a few contacts to my Personal Contacts in Zoom and fully expected them to become available when I scheduled a meeting but no, nothing comes up, not even previously entered attendees in other invitations. This is such a pain. Google is simply integrated.

Sabrinae
Listener

When scheduling meetings Zoom used to regularity add the contacts when I started typing their name or their email address. It suddenly stopped doing that. Even when I have been diligent to add contacts directly to my Zoom account, it no long does it and I need my phone to look up their email addresses. After I add the entire address it finally shows up. I hate typing the full address in because it's so easy to make a mistake. This is annoying and frustrating. It was a feature that I constantly used. I am unhappy.

Yes, this is frustrating. Within Zoom unfortunately the contacts are not automatically imported and so you have to type out the emails. There are a few solutions. You could type out the emails of the people you are scheduling meetings (granted can be cumbersome). You could use APIs to integrate your contacts and send Zoom invites to them. There are also a host of scheduling apps that can do this for. Looking through the Zoom marketplace, Salepager, is a scheduling app built from the Zoom meeting host's perspective.

smyou
Listener

I am  having the same problem and it doesn't look like there is a solution.  Very frustrating.  It makes creating meetings extremely cumbersome and that is a basic function of this software.  

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello! 

Are you scheduling the meeting through the Zoom app or a calendar integration? 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Rebecca40
Listener

Through the zoom app