cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can`t see the participant of the meeting

kemalifterteach
Listener

I have renewed Zoom today and the new version is 5.17.0

And now I can`t see any participants of my online meetings. Their video is ON, but I can`t see them.

If I press the NOTES button, the image of the participant appears immediately. But those NOTES disturb me during the meeting. 

How can I solve the problem?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mohammad_salman
Listener

If you can't see a participant in your meeting, ensure they haven't accidentally turned off their video. Also, check your view settings – you might be on 'Speaker View'. Switch to 'Gallery View' to see all participants. If the issue persists, it could be a connectivity problem on the participant's end.

View solution in original post

JennyCl
Listener

@kemalifterteach I mentioned this issue to a friend and he gave me links to go back to an earlier version of Zoom.
I uninstalled this new version and reinstalled the November one and now it's back to working perfectly.
Yay! One thing, careful just to click on the Zoom download, not on the page that pops up.
Here are the links for a Mac or Windows.

https://zoom.en.uptodown.com/mac/versions

https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

mohammad_salman
Listener

If you can't see a participant in your meeting, ensure they haven't accidentally turned off their video. Also, check your view settings – you might be on 'Speaker View'. Switch to 'Gallery View' to see all participants. If the issue persists, it could be a connectivity problem on the participant's end.

I cannot see any participants on Zoom; just today it happened with all the meetings, group meetings, and one-on-one meetings. They could see me. I can see the screen. It was working till yesterday. I could hear everyone.  There wasn't any connectivity or camera problem from their side. 

Bonjour, essaie la version 5.17.11 (34827) elle fonctionne très bien.

Same problem today 

Install the newest version

Evelio
Listener

...no , i am not in the speaker view..actually i see the rectangle in black of the participant. Thanks.

JennyCl
Listener

I am having the same problem - I also see the rectangle in black. Their video is on and it is happening in multiple calls since I updated to the latest Zoom version.

JennyCl
Listener

Did you manage to fix this @kemalifterteach ? 🙏

Hi! Not yet, unfortunately. I still can`t see the other participants. 

JennyCl
Listener

I just tried Zoom again - now the other participant is visible on Gallery view but not on Speaker view (black again.) Also not if I minimize. 
Thank you for your help.

For me they are not visible in any view, speaker or gallery; I cannot see any participants on Zoom; just today it happened with all the meetings, group meetings, and one-on-one meetings. They could see me. I can see the screen. It was working till yesterday. I could hear everyone.  There wasn't any connectivity or camera problem from their side. 

I have same problem for zoom new vision, who can help me

JennyCl
Listener

I have version 5.17.1

JennyCl
Listener

Oof, @kemalifterteach . I feel ya. I used your hack of pressing NOTES so I could see my client this morning... I have a group call tomorrow which I am super-nervous about. Not good for business. 😑 I hope Zoom fixes this ASAP. 

JennyCl
Listener

@kemalifterteach I mentioned this issue to a friend and he gave me links to go back to an earlier version of Zoom.
I uninstalled this new version and reinstalled the November one and now it's back to working perfectly.
Yay! One thing, careful just to click on the Zoom download, not on the page that pops up.
Here are the links for a Mac or Windows.

https://zoom.en.uptodown.com/mac/versions

https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

Thanks a lot! I appreciate your help! I`ll try that.

Merci beaucoup ! J’aurais dû y penser, lol !

How to resolve it in ipad

Jfriel1234
Listener

I am also suddenly having this same issue.  Cannot see participants in gallery or speaker.. occasionally can modify screen size and catch one or two people but theyre TINY. ZOOM please fix.