cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't leave meetings or quit program (Windows 10)

Jelster
Listener

As of a week or two ago, I'm not able to leave meetings by the leave button nor by quitting the program. The only way to get out is to End Task from the task manager. This problem remains even after restarting my laptop.

Clicking the Leave button doesn't pop up the dialogue box to leave (I do see a quick flash of it briefly sometimes), and choosing to quit the program from the taskbar doesn't seem to do much of anything.

Hoping to get to the bottom of this. TIA.

47 REPLIES 47

jamesb
Listener

It has to do with slack, once I quit slack it started to work.  Probably issue with using slack screenshare,

Slack must have been the cause for me. 

I had been having to force-end Zoom every time I left a meeting for the last week. 
Finally, today, I read this thread. 
I skipped all the solutions that involved unsintalling, reinstalling, or updating, because... who has time for that? 
Tried the easiest option: Quit Slack. 
I Quit Slack, restarted Slack, then launched a Zoom meeting, and ended the Zoom meeting. I was finally able to end a Zoom meeting!

I had used Slack Huddle a couple times within the last couple weeks, so I'm in support of the theory that it is that. 

Easiest fix.... I hope it holds up for my next zooms!

Thank you!!!

bscholte
Listener

I'm got the same problem as of a few days back.  It did appear to start after also using slack huddle and now is a daily issue even after reboots.  I hope someone from Zoom organization will jump in here and lend some assistance.  I'm in and out of zoom meetings all day and can't close out from meetings.  I'll try the Alt Q as a temp work around.

jdanna204
Listener

I'm also experiencing the same issue. It looks like this has been going on since August of last year with no clear resolution (other than the Alt-Q workaround). What is with Zoom support these days? Do you literally not care about the issues your paying customers are experiencing? Do you not care about losing marketshare to Google meet etc?

bscholte
Listener

All - I opened a ticket with Zoom support and got the following response.  This prescribed fix resolved the problem on my PC.....

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into issues with leaving and ending meetings on the Zoom desktop client. No worries, I can certainly assist!

It's possible that it's settings-related. I recommend a fresh installation of Zoom on your computer to get rid of residual settings and data associated with older versions.

1. Please download and run the CleanZoom tool attached to this email.  (I can't attach the .exe to this community site so you'll have to open your own ticket with zoom to get a copy)
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Download and install Zoom from http://zoom.us/download.

mbello
Listener

I did not do any screen sharing and still could not leave Zoom session.  Slack was running on the background, though. Killing Slack as suggested by @mmearly helped.  

chibivikram
Listener

Simplest solution,

1. Go to settings from your Zoom profile by clicking your profile image.

2. Under General Settings -> Find the "Ask me to confirm when I leave a meeting" option.
3. Uncheck that option. Close settings.

No more leave button issues.

The issue due to the dialog for the leave confirmation hiding in Windows.  If you want to use confirmation you can use the Keyboard shortcut Alt + Q to get the confirmation to appear and then click Leave. Better to just turn this off and the leave button would work as expected.

mbdean
Listener

I have confirmed the issue to be an engineering bug with slack support usually instigated by a screen share (they are aware of it and working on a resolution). We figured out how to replicate the issue, if you screen share with someone in slack (huddle or call), then try to right click the slack icon in the bottom right it'll semi-freeze up (but slack will continue functioning). Anytime after that you will be unable to leave a zoom meeting (pressing alt+q twice seems to get around this for all the users that try).

By force closing slack with task manager the zoom issue then goes away (until you share with slack again). 
This does not appear to be a zoom issue at all (at least for us).